November 2015 Moms

nerves!

I have my first appt this Friday morning and I'm getting so nervous! None of this feels very real - my husband and I had only been trying for 2 months when we got a positive on St. Patty's Day! My apps estimate that I'll be 7 weeks (based on LMP) on the day of the appointment. This is my first pregnancy and I have no idea what I should expect at this appointment! Any ideas or feedback would be so greatly appreciated at this point. Thanks, everyone :)

Re: nerves!

• My first appointment is with just the Nurse Practitioner and its a whole lot of paperwork on my health and family history. Do's and don'ts while pregnant, addressing upcoming appointments, U/S, bloodwork. Its a long, boring appointment if you ask me.
  • ^ exactly what she said.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you! They did mention that I would start with an ultrasound, I'm guessing it will be TV? Should I be expecting a heartbeat? Or anything else in particular?
  • If you weren't charting be prepared for the due date to be different from what you're estimating. Don't let it scare you if they doctor isn't concerned.
    I got my BFP on St. Patricks day and I'm 5 weeks 5 days today.
    With my last one my midwife tried the ultrasound over my stomach first and found the baby. She said if that didn't work she would do TV.
    If you're 6 weeks or beyond I would expect to see a heartbeat flickering on the screen.
  • All Dr's are different, I only get a doppler done for the heartbeat at 12 weeks and one U/S at 20 weeks. So i'm not sure if they would do a doppler or a scan being so early
  • Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"