July 2015 Moms
Options

Flutters and tiny kicks

I will be 27 weeks as of tomorrow and still only get tiny flutters or kicks. Also I really only feel it early in the morning or late before I go to bed and I'm relaxed. Is this normal or should I call my doctor. This is my first pregnancy so I'm clueless on what to expect.

Oh and at my last appointment she said baby was a little over 12 inches and weighed a little over a pound and a half.

Re: Flutters and tiny kicks

• Options
    This is my first pregnancy as well, but I'm having a totally different experience. I'm about 25 weeks and have felt movement since 16/17. At first it was flutters, but now it's full on kicks and jabs. Although I'm happy my baby is active, the movement makes me quite queasy, and wakes me up/keeps me up at night. I think it is just that everyone is different! As long as your OB sets everything is okay, then try not to worry about it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was going to ask about if your placenta is anterior too. If you have one feeling movement has a wide range of normal. I know women who only felt flutters and soft thumps through their whole pregnancies, and others who could feel stronger movement. I'm right in between. I have an anterior placenta and at least half of the movement I feel is softer thumps. I do get some good kicks and rolls finally (24.5 weeks). I asked my doc about it last Friday at my appointment and he said because of the location of my placenta I wouldn't feel things as strongly as I did with my first pregnancy.
    Lilypie - (RRkJ)

• Options
    I will have to ask my doctor if I do or not. As far as I know I don't think so but idk.
  • Options
    When I do feel the flutters or tiny kicks it's really lower and my stomach is harder there then my belly
  • Options
    If your doctor doesn't seem worried, don't worry. I'm 23 weeks and have only felt twitchy kicks VERY low, and I don't have an anterior placenta. It just depends on the woman!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm 24 weeks, first pregnancy and I don't have anterior placenta. All I have felt are flutters and tiny kicks. I can def feel her moving but nothing too strong or anything where I can count kicks. So far my drs are telling me that's fine and everything is measuring normal and looks good. Idk sometimes I get worried about it but I'm trying not to think about it since the drs aren't concerned as of now.
  • Options
    My movement / kicks are also low!
  • Options
    gatormom73gatormom73 member
    edited April 2015
    Im 26 weeks tmrw and have been able to tell a huge difference in her strength of kicks and rolls. At 24 weeks is when mine started to grt stronger. Im sure everything is perfectly fine. I usually only feel her when im laying down also
  • Options
    I'm exactly the same at exactly 27 weeks - don't stress! :)
  • Options
    onefineday102onefineday102 member
    edited April 2015
    I was shocked to find out I have an anterior placenta at my 20 week scan. I am currently 23 weeks and 3 days and my little one has been kicking and punching all the time. I felt flutters when I was 8 weeks! My ob says it due to my small frame. I was 110lbs 5'8 pre-pregnancy..now I'm up to 136. Everyone is different, so are the babies; some are more active than others. If you're concerned, discuss it with your ob.
  • Options
    This is my 2nd. I'm 23'weeks and the movement I feel is not strong either. I usually feel him mid-day when I sit to do paperwork at my job and before bed. My husband still has not felt him kick. With my last pregnancy my husband was feeling him move and I did a lot more and stronger by this point. When I had my anatomy scan done I was told my placenta was right in front and that was why the movements were not as a strong yet.... As long as your feeling him I would say you are ok.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 27 weeks today but he moves like crazy!!! At my 20 week ultrasound the technician asked me if I just chugged a Mountain Dew before walking into the office because she had to keep retaking all the pictures and measurements due to his flipping around and squirming! But as long as your doctor isn't worried I wouldn't get too concerned. Everyone's different!
  • Options
    I will be 24 weeks tomorrow and up until yesterday had only felt tiny flutters. Then last night she was rolling around like crazy and was kicking me all morning at work.
  • Options
    I'm 23 weeks with my second and the only thing I feel a lot of is her stepping on my uterus. She is low so I haven't felt a whole lot but when she stretches out and starts tapping on my stuff I am reminded she is there...lol. It depends on the placement of the baby. As long as you are feeling some type of movement don't fret.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"