July 2015 Moms

Tuesday RAN(ts)doms

What is going on today? Let it be known! The good the bad and the ugly! :)

Re: Tuesday RAN(ts)doms

• Today, I can't stand my sales reps.

I got a price, and need her to email it to me. so I tell her, "When will you email that to me?"

She asks me if I need it in an email.....because she is too lazy to do this shit, of course.

I'm like, yeah. I do. If I didn't, I wouldn't ask for it. I don't like making more work for myself.

Gah, bitch.

• I will start this shit out I am sooo pissed! I was suppose to meet with my surgeon today to get the details on my c-section and got a call at 7:30 that he is out of the office today! Wtf!! Oh I let the bitch on the phone have It she goes on to say "how about May? Would that work for you?" May?! You are serious right now!? No bitch it won't work. I freaked out and said Ya this is the 6th dr appt that has been cancelled. Who knows if there will be anybody there to deliver my baby and her dumbass just sat on the phone in silence. Ok so maybe I was a little irrational, but seriously?! We moved so I don't get to use the same hospital that I did with DS and it sucks I want that hospital. And I couldn't fall asleep until 11pm last night and then was awake from 2-4am yeah she called on the wrong morning. But at least I get to go see DH today and stay with him all week.
  • Loading the player...
  • DH is acting odd. And its annoying the crap outta me. He says everything is fine and yea I know I'm preggers and a little extra hormonal than usual but I can't shake the feeling that something is off. He was sick for like 2 weeks and wouldn't even kiss me for fear of getting me sick (which I totally appreciated) and the second he was feeling better was seriously all over me. And now.. nobody's sick but I feel like I have the plague sometimes the way he avoids me. :( hopefully its nothing and I'm just imaging it. I know he's stressed with school but I'm used to that. I just wish the man would actually talk to me sometimes and explain what his deal is instead of internalizing everything!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Oh and one additional - I have a very good friend coming into town this weekend whom I haven't see for a year. I'm so excited to see her and her baby girl! So we're going to a different church service and then hanging out with them afterwards. Hubby is annoyed about it. He hates doing social stuff and actually made the suggestion of taking separate cars so he could come home afterwards! I looked at him like was insane. Its one damn night with one of my friends that I never get to spend time with. He can suck it up! Ugh! We do stuff with his friends all the time cuz they all live in the area and then he whines about spending one evening with my friends. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Work drives me crazy. My boss drives me crazy... and now I'm venting about it here! lol oh and to top it off, it snowed in Michigan this morning - we got about 6 inches and I am pissed! I was so hopeful that spring was here, I even went and got my car detailed. I woke up this morning ready to pack all of our shit and move down south! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My back is killing me. Baby is still sitting wayyy back thanks to my retroverted uterus and the fact that I still haven't really popped out. It's killing me!! I can tell how far up my uterus is and I'm wondering where the hell all of my organs have gone. I'm going to look into those support bands because I'm not sure I can take 16 more weeks of this.
  • @asherk I was just telling hubby last night, I wonder where my organs have gone?!? My stomach feels hard all the way up to under my breasts now and it was always really squishy before.
  • @kacdanz that is too funny! I'm am trying really hard to just let it go.. he's meeting me for lunch today which is something out of the ordinary for a Tuesday. Maybe me pointing out that he's been acting odd made him realize he needs to knock it off?! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm super excited because next week I'm flying up to PA (from GA) for work. I've been to PA before but we are also going to NJ where I have not been before. AND my DH's aunt and uncle (who I love) are going to drive over to my hotel one night and take me out to dinner in "Little Italy" in NY. Another place I've never been. I'm stupid excited and can't wait for next week! AND, that monday is my mom's birthday and I've taken the day off to spend it with her. Next week is going to be awesome! =D
    1/19/15 - Officially Team Blue! 
    "Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation!"
  • Ok I took a shower and cooled off now I am going to get a mani/pedi cause I can and I am pregnant damnit :)

Going to to the same thing tonight for the same reason! Hahaha
  • @GSUDavis I am so jealous!! Haven't been to NY in almost 4 years :( Went to this place in china town with amazing dumplings.. omg I want chinese now.. Is it time for lunch?!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • akopitzke I'm so excited! I know I don't be there for long. Just kind of passing through, but I'm still super excited about it! I love that my DH's family loves and wants to spend time with me and that my job affords me opportunities like this. I'm feel'in like a pretty lucky gal today. =D And Chinese does sound good! =D
    1/19/15 - Officially Team Blue! 
    "Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation!"
  • GSUDavis said:

I'm super excited because next week I'm flying up to PA (from GA) for work. I've been to PA before but we are also going to NJ where I have not been before. AND my DH's aunt and uncle (who I love) are going to drive over to my hotel one night and take me out to dinner in "Little Italy" in NY. Another place I've never been. I'm stupid excited and can't wait for next week! AND, that monday is my mom's birthday and I've taken the day off to spend it with her. Next week is going to be awesome! =D

You should skip all those other places and come to Central PA instead! LOL. :) Just kidding. I hope you have a fun week and safe travels!
  • and PS. Make sure you pack for PA weather. We have winter, spring, fall and summer in one day. It's true! LOL
  • NittanyPA - That's exactly how Michigan is! LOL 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I guess we should be grateful that we don't get feet of snow at a time like New Englanders do, but shit... I just wish the weather would make up it's mind. I can start the day wearing snow boots and end it in flip flops. Or vice versa. It's BS! LOL

• I work at a mental health day program so I usually get pretty forward comments about my growing size. Today the comments are out of control and its pissing me off! One client even sang a random prego song as she walked passed me another 'fatty' another 'as big as a house' and on and on! I can't get mad at them because they don't know any better but It's really annoying me today!!! And if I say something they jump to say oh you woke up on the wrong side of the bed.. Grrr

Ok I think I feel better
  • RANT

my husband bought his mom a plane ticket because she wants to come to the baby shower but she can't afford to buy the ticket so she asked him to.

I called my mom to complain about it because
    whenever my mom comes to visit it's on her own dime and she stays at a hotel. She isn't rolling in money either but she plans enough ahead of time to put money aside to come down for a weekend.

Whenever his mom comes he pays for her ticket or at least half and she stays at our house and usually brings her youngest son, who is 23 and fully capable of taking care of himself but he'd rather mooch off people and smoke weed all day.

I usually find something to do when they are here because I can't stand his brother. He needs to get off the teet and his mom needs to stop enabling him.
  • I'm taking care of a foster rabbit who has cancer. Her surgery a couple months ago had some complications, and we found a new lump on her the other day. She's going to need another surgery, but I've been waiting for weeks for the rescue organization to authorize it. It seems that they're also ducking phone calls from the vet. I understand her care is expensive, but they need to at least let me know what they want me to do. It's also see in more likely that the rabbit will be unadoptable due to her health issues, so she may end up as a permanent fixture in our household, which would be nice to know if that's the case.
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails
  • Yesterday was a horrible day and normally Tuesdays are my worst day in the week but today has been awesome!! Got the good news we are getting Friday off and my staff meeting that normally unnecessarily drags on for 2hrs was cancelled!!! :) hope this greatness continues was very due for a good day! Plus 27weeks tomorrow :)
  • Today isn't a good day. I'm just so drained and feeling icky.... I need to go home and go to bed!
  • I'm so jealous of you ladies that can drink soda right now. Pretty much anything besides water gives me horrible reflux. I was a diet coke fiend before getting pregnant and I don't know if I miss that or wine more lol.

Right now I'm sitting in the parking lot of my gym trying to figure out what I want to eat for lunch. I can't decide between taco bell (unhealthy ) or Dairy Queen (unhealthy ). All I know is I want something cheesy and unhealthy lol.
  • @AmommyB I've had to really cut back on my pop drinking because of acid reflux. I've been drinking a lot of water with lemon to try and tame this heart burn and indigestion.. ugh, over it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH and I got a new puppy on Saturday. We have a 9 year old dog already and a 2 year old son. We do not have a fenced in yard so potty training isn't as easy as opening the door to the yard. Hubby is at work from 7-4 or 5 so I'm here trying to potty train the puppy on a leash. Today, I was doing a victory dance for her after she went potty and she got excited and ran, pulling the leash from my hands and kept running. Not thinking about my big belly, I took off running after her. My knees buckled and I fell, landed on my hands and knees and rolled, got back up and ran to catch her. Finally got back in and tried to settle down but the stupid pregnancy hormones had me all freaked out. My little boy is squirming around in there and there is no bleeding or cramping so I'm sure everything is fine but talk about a crappy Tuesday. And to top it off, its raining and cold.
  • this is my second pregnancy after 8 IVF cycles and delivering twins that did not survive at 20 weeks. I am 23 weeks. I am a high risk pregnancy with gestational diabetes. I have to do 7 finger pricks per day and 4 insulin injections. also a progesterone injection each week. had to have cerclage surgery. my body is so sore from all of the needles that yesterday I just sobbed out of frustration. but my heart is so filled with love and I have never been happier in my life than to be growing my miracle.

also I hate my neighbors dogs. haha :)
  • @karibashada I hate you have to go through that but it will be totally worth it in the end!
  • kacdanzkacdanz member
    edited March 2015
    I swear if I saw a bag of Funyuns right now I would steal them! I have no change for the vending machine but I really want a bag!
  • I had a few things to do today so I took a quick shower and layed down while my clothes were dying in the dryer. Well I just woke up....4 hours later!!
  • RANT

my husband bought his mom a plane ticket because she wants to come to the baby shower but she can't afford to buy the ticket so she asked him to.

I called my mom to complain about it because
    whenever my mom comes to visit it's on her own dime and she stays at a hotel. She isn't rolling in money either but she plans enough ahead of time to put money aside to come down for a weekend.

Whenever his mom comes he pays for her ticket or at least half and she stays at our house and usually brings her youngest son, who is 23 and fully capable of taking care of himself but he'd rather mooch off people and smoke weed all day.

I usually find something to do when they are here because I can't stand his brother. He needs to get off the teet and his mom needs to stop enabling him.

That would enrage me! Tell him you need to start buying plane tickets for your mom and she can stay with you guys. Fair is fair.
  • mvhovemvhove member
    edited March 2015
    Today I have a rave and it is totally food related, lol. At my work location we bring lunch and snacks to share on our birthdays. Today was one of my coworkers birthdays and the food he brought was sooo good! Cheesy potatoes, sloppy joes, chips, lemon bars, brownies, yum!!! Totally ate too much but I don't care. It's the little things. :) Plus it is finally a nice sunny day outside so I'm going for a walk after work!
  • edited March 2015
    I'm sitting in our sunny, spacious North Carolina apartment with all the doors and windows open; the breeze is light and fresh and sea-scented and the sun is pouring in.  The trees that line our street are fully in bloom with delicate shades of pink and purple, and a wild, vibrant green.  It's 70 degrees.

My feet are propped up on a coffee table in our apartment for the first time today.  After a long, long day chasing kindergarteners around the playground and coaxing them to be quiet so that we can preform benchmark tests before Easter Break, I feel both invigorated from the exercise and deeply sore.  The lower back pain of pregnancy is new to me.  Still, I forget that I feel it -- being too busy, most of the time.

My husband is in our bedroom, laying prone, watching television, and attached to a large medical device that mechanically lifts his leg and bends his knee.  He had a fairly serious surgery preformed on his hip two weeks ago.  At first, he was totally unable to move alone -- unable to dress himself, use the restroom, get out of bed.  Now, he is strong enough to use his crutches.  I still need to shower him; I need to clean the cat litter; I need to monitor his medicines -- I need to do all of our chores, plus take care of him.  Sometimes I am so tired, so frustrated… I feel like I need caring for myself, and instead, I am the "healthy one."  But I am strong.  I know that it would be more difficult to be a single Mom with two kids.  … My husband injured himself about a year ago, parachuting out of a helicopter.  We have been eagerly waiting for this surgery for that long, and are so ready for him to heal.

The most delicious aroma of coriander, cinnamon, and cumin fills our place as I type this.  DInner is simmering:  a vegan cauliflower / lentil curry, coconut rice on the side.  I am more excited than I should be for vegetables.  (I was vegan for two years before becoming pregnant, but believe very strongly in including animal fats and proteins in my diet & in baby's diet.  My husband and I both come from farming families, so we have a freezer full of lamb, venison, and steak from our parents' farms.  We eat meat almost every night.  I need a break!)

I've been sick SEVEN TIMES in the last three months, working with the kindergarteners.  I've had chronic bronchitis for two months now; I had the vomiting tummy bug Friday - Saturday.  I've been sick more often than healthy all of my second trimester.  So the days that I am healthy - like today! - I relish !!!  And feel incredible!, full of energy!, and so glad to be pregnant and alive.  Yesterday I ran 2 miles at the gym before hitting the sack and sleeping like a baby, and I am still so proud of that.

Tomorrow I'll make carrot muffins for my kindergarteners and top them with cream cheese to call them "cupcakes."  Friday is the first day of our Spring Break and I couldn't be more excited.  Hubby and I will go visit our family in Upstate NY.  Baby shower then --- a huge event; we haven't seen our families or friends since Christmas.  So, so psyched.

The sound of heavy artillery shakes the ground outside.  Cannons.  We're 20 miles from Fort Bragg -- far enough away for me to sometimes forget that we are in the military.  But every time those cannons blow, baby kicks.
  • @grlplz my mom wouldn't dream of taking money us, especially now when we could use every penny. She's more comfortable staying at a hotel anyway as we don't have a spare room for guests and have a roommate. She doesn't want to be intrusive. But his mom and brother stay on our couch whenever they visit. It's hard enough sharing one bathroom between the 3 of us that already live there...then adding 2 more bodies. It's a NIGHTMARE.
  • I'm done being pregnant. Pretty much every day lately all I've wanted to do was cry. I know it's too early, but I just want him to get here already. I want sleep, and normal food, and the occasional matgarita, and my own body back. And mostly I want all these aches and pains to go away, and the hormones to finally stop attacking me every second of the day. This week I basically went from angry and frustrated all the time to flat out defeated, like I'm pretty much just ready to go on autopilot for the next 14 weeks. I want the baby, but why's it gotta be so hard to get him?

Married 4/13/13

Loss at 6 weeks 5/4/2013

Loss at 9 weeks 12/2013

Healthy baby boy 7/12/15

Due 1/6/18

• My husband has a effing headache so he has been in bed all evening. Poor baby. I literally don't even care...... I never complain about the discomfort I am constantly in, but he is practically bedridden with every sniffle.
    Men could NEVER handle pregnancy. Not even for a day, let alone almost 10 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"