Trying to Get Pregnant

Staying in bed/Lying down after sex: Is it true?

2»

Re: Staying in bed/Lying down after sex: Is it true?

• How do you know it doesn't help?

Because sperm are released during ejaculation with force. They get where they need to go and no amount of laying down will affect that. Also, there's a thread with a RE at the top of the board. We asked this question and he answered.

Urinating flushes bacteria out of the urethra that get there from friction during sex. Id find you a link for that science but I'm too lazy right now.
  • Is it weird that the only sex talk my mom had with me was to always pee before and after sex so I didn't get a UTI?

Is it weird that the only sex talk my mom ever had with me was to hold a tic-tac between my knees? 
    Wait, what? Lol
    So I wouldn't get pregnant lol I should mention my mom is super old school. One of her favorite phrases is "why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free". 
    My mom told me to not get pregnant. And then when I got to college told me to make sure I test drive the car before I buy it.

We got a good kick out of that the other day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Gotcha. Thanks ladies! I never knew this.
  • Is it weird that the only sex talk my mom had with me was to always pee before and after sex so I didn't get a UTI?

Hahaha yeah, similarly, when I had the flu at 19, my mom just said "I hope you're not pregnant." That was it.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • 27alex27alex member
    edited April 2015

Gotcha. Thanks ladies! I never knew this.

No problem! For what it's worth, I snuggle for maybe 5-10 minutes but I still need to pee asap. One UTI scarred me for life.
  • 27alex said:

How do you know it doesn't help?

Because sperm are released during ejaculation with force. They get where they need to go and no amount of laying down will affect that. Also, there's a thread with a RE at the top of the board. We asked this question and he answered.

Urinating flushes bacteria out of the urethra that get there from friction during sex. Id find you a link for that science but I'm too lazy right now.
    You keep in mind that our body temperature is the IDEAL temperature for bacteria to grow. Add into the fact that your lady bits are dark and moist just makes the environment even more suitable for bacterial growth. Some bacteria can double their population size once every 20 minutes in ideal conditions. Think about that the next time you lay in bed for an hour after having sex.
    Okay. Thanks
  • 27alex said:

Is it weird that the only sex talk my mom had with me was to always pee before and after sex so I didn't get a UTI?

Is it weird that the only sex talk my mom ever had with me was to hold a tic-tac between my knees? 
    Wait, what? Lol
    So I wouldn't get pregnant lol I should mention my mom is super old school. One of her favorite phrases is "why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free". 
    My mom told me to not get pregnant. And then when I got to college told me to make sure I test drive the car before I buy it.

We got a good kick out of that the other day.
    My mom told me the same thing in regards to test drive before buying buying the car.

Which you know I did
    ;)

Age 24 DH 24 TTC#1!
    NTNP since June '14
    TTC since February '15
    Anniversary

photo mrsespigreen_3_Autocorrect Fail Bumpie-2_zps0y7kauvn.jpg
  • Funny story ... the other day after BD my hubby said, "now be sure to lie back and put your feet up for a few minutes."

I laughed at him, thinking he was joking, and he stared at me with his "what? I was serious" look.

I think I need to get this man on these boards...

My husband tried to tell me once he read an article that said women shouldn't orgasm in their TWW because it hinders implantation.

Hmph.
  • 27alex said:

Funny story ... the other day after BD my hubby said, "now be sure to lie back and put your feet up for a few minutes."

I laughed at him, thinking he was joking, and he stared at me with his "what? I was serious" look.

I think I need to get this man on these boards...

My husband tried to tell me once he read an article that said women shouldn't orgasm in their TWW because it hinders implantation.

Hmph.
    I would have responded that we would be done trying if he was purposely going to take my orgasms away, lol
    Me: 28, DH: 28
    Diagnosed with PCOS: Summer 2007
    Married: July 2013
    Began TTC: June 2015

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/58d258

• Jessie42613Jessie42613 member
    edited April 2015

How do you know it doesn't help?

You keep in mind that our body temperature is the IDEAL temperature for bacteria to grow. Add into the fact that your lady bits are dark and moist just makes the environment even more suitable for bacterial growth. Some bacteria can double their population size once every 20 minutes in ideal conditions. Think about that the next time you lay in bed for an hour after having sex.

HORK  :-&
    (ETA: excellent advice, all the same)
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018

Bahaha sorry about that! I am a bit of a biology nerd - micro was my favorite :) 
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    TTC #1 - Nov '14
    BFP 2/3/16  EDD 10/16/16
    DS born 10/18

LFAF: Frankly Disturbing

Bahaha sorry about that! I am a bit of a biology nerd - micro was my favorite :) 

No, it really is exactly what some posters need to hear.  That visual, though...
    Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married 2010
    TTC: Feb 2014, BFP 7/14/14, CP 7/18/14
    BFP 3/10/15 - DD #1 born 11/19
    TTC #2: Oct 2017, BFP 12/19/17, CP 12/22/17
    BFP 2/20/18 - EDD 10/31/2018
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"