July 2015 Moms

Stretch mark remedies ? Lotions?

so now that I'm sure we've all been using diffrent or similar lotions/products , anyone have any good ones that have helped? I'm personally using one a friend of mine recomended it's called sweet belly butter and its 100% organic and homemade & I've truly noticed a difference switching from the store bought stretch mark body butter . Just curious to see if anyone was using anything diffrent or had any advice on how often they lotion !

Re: Stretch mark remedies ? Lotions?

• You can lather yourself up all day but in the end if you are going to get stretch marks there is no preventing them. The lotions can help with itchy skin from stretching. I have a nice lotion I use from a local store. Smells great and OG also. :)
  • @Knottie99627423 I know that they are not preventable and that most women end up with stretch marks I just wanted to know the different products women were using maybe find something better for my skin then what I already have .
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm using Bio Oil, not lotion. Started using it in the first trimester. I've had no itchy skin and no stretch marks.
  • My dermatologist advised me to use cream's in a tub, not a tube. Although I don't personally think there is any way to avoid stretch marks and I'm going to rock the shit out of mine, I still like to lube up to help the itching and dryness.
  • I used bio oil and Palmer's last pregnancy... belly looks like Freddy Kruger's scratching post.

This time I use whatever I have. Right now it's suave lotion just to relieve itching
    <leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I was told the best way to (try) to prevent them is to stay active! Also, don't scratch them when they itch! I use the Palmers cocoa butter lotion - it's what I used when I was pregnant with my first and I never got any stretch marks - I used it every single day, twice a day. Good luck! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oh good! Just didn't want you to be disappointed if they start showing up and you've been lathering diligently. :) Side note, we have some Aveeno Unscented lotion and I hate it! It is super greasy and feels super awful on. It is dicey so you'd think it would be awesome but eh, it sucks!
  • I've been putting this avocado shea lotion stuff on religiously after showers all over my belly, sides, boobs, neck and face! I've had a few marks show up on the very front of my tummy, not too bad o thought..... Then went and tried on new maternity clothes and was in the florecent light!!! Omg!!!!! I have them everywhere and I guess they appear darker in that lighting. I was super bummed :( so please, if someone finds a miracle lotion/remedy let me know :)
  • I use Johnsons baby oil with cocoa butter. it's awesome!
  • I use burt's bees "mama bee" belly butter and the nourishing oil. I really enjoy slathering on good ol' coconut oil though. It keeps everything moisturized. I still have some marks, but the redness fades once I put on the oil.
  • Yes To Coconut balm. Smells good, but don't smell it all day after applying. No stretch marks yet (although I know this is mostly genetic) and not overly itchy. Paraben free and 98% natural. :)
  • I just use regular lotion. No stretch mark yet but just so you know they are hereditary. If your mom had them you most likely will too.
  • I like the Burt's bees mama bee belly lotion. It doesn't smell and isn't too greasy.
  • I've been putting argan oil of morocco lotion on 1-2 times a day, so far zero stretchmarks.
  • I've just been using my regular lotion. I believe it's suave with vitamin E. No stretch marks here, but I think it's mostly hereditary for me. I do have some on my thighs from my first pregnancy. I've actually noticed they've been fading more now that I'm not using cocoa butter and just using my regular lotion.
  • I got bio oil & vitamin E oil & mixed it together then put a few drops of lavender oil in it! Hoping I don't get any stretch marks.. (:
  • Mama Mio! You can order it on Amazon. It's a little pricey, but I have a friend with two toddlers..not a single stretch mark. It got a little expensive for me so I decided to alternate between that and Palmers lotion designed specifically to help prevent stretch marks. Now, I've heard that stretch marks are based on genetics and the elasticity of one's skin. I'm pretty sure all my sisters got them, but I heard the trick is to lotion up WAY BEFORE you start showing..which they did not do. I started when I found out I was pregnant. I'm 24 weeks today and not a single line. Thank GOD! I really hope they stay away.
  • Last pregnancy I used belly butter of some kind, I didn't get stretch marks -until the very end of that pregnancy. This time I've just been using whatever lotions I have around. Lately it's been Renew from Melaleuca, it really stays on and feels moisturized all day. My husband just bought me some cocoa butter as well. I'm just hoping mine aren't worse than last time!
  • I use Beautiful Belly Balm. It's organic and from my sister's in-law's health food store (it's also on Amazon). I know it's about genetics too, but my sis use it for all three of her pregnancies and doesn't have a single stretch mark. I'm using it everyday and nothing yet. Also, she started using it on her c-section scar and it's barely visible anymore! It's in a glass jar. My hubby hates the smell, but I don't mind it. I put it on right before bed.
  • I use Palmers cocoa massage lotion 2 times a day. Compared to my friends that didn't use any stretch mark lotions at all I hardly have any stretch marks from my last pregnancy. Something is always better than nothing. I use Palmers because its the least expensive && works well.
  • I have been using Burt's Bees Mama Bee oil. I love it! It smells good and absorbs quickly. I have no stretch marks (yet) so fingers crossed! Staying hydrated, genes, eating healthy and exercising are more important I have heard, but I figure a good oil can't hurt!
  • I use burt's bees "mama bee" belly butter and the nourishing oil. I really enjoy slathering on good ol' coconut oil though. It keeps everything moisturized. I still have some marks, but the redness fades once I put on the oil.

Yeah, I have both of these also. I started with the belly butter but I have a feeling the oil works better on reducing stretch marks so I have been using the oil more recently. I also noticed I have been rubbing it on my belly and boobs but then saw I had developed stretch marks on the hips and sides to the back..so now I put it there too.