December 2015 Moms

Home test + dr test -

went to the doctor today to confirm my pregnancy and the urine test came back negative. I have to go back again in a week. Ive take 4 tests at home, different brands, and all have been positive. It's probably that their test is less sensitive and I'm just not far enough along yet...but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen and what the results were?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Home test + dr test -

• This happened to me during my first pregnancy. Got a BFP at 10dpo at home on a dollar store test and an EPT, but a negative 13dpo at the doctors office (went in for a sick visit). They had me go for bloodwork that day and called the next day to confirm that I was pregnant. Hopefully it's that their test isn't as sensitive! Good luck!! :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sorry I'm not much help, but it sounds like maybe it really isn't a sensitive or you went when your urine was perhaps diluted? I don't know, but good luck and FXD you stay with us!!
    Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks! :) I was hoping they'd do a blood test too, but nope, I just have to go back in a week. Now to find my patience! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   Pregnancy Ticker
  • The opposite happned to me. My home tests were all negative and docs were positive. Turned out they accidentally switched my urine sample with an 8 month pregnant lady...mistakes happen. If you are positive at all, you are positive. I would switch docs. lol
  • This happen to me. 4 different tests at home all positive. Then at the doctors office it said negative. Came in 1 week later for a blood test which confirmed positive. According to my calculations that was at week 4. This is currently week 5 for me. Hope your story is the same as mine for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"