Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

First Cycle TTC after the pill

I was on the pill, and took my last dose on 3/2/15.  I did not have a period immediately following stopping the pill.  I have always had a 28 day cycle, and my husband & I were on vacation during the week of March 15-22 and were intimate a few times that week.  We are TTC but weren't temping or using OPK's or anything (let's face it, I knew on vacation, I wasn't going to be consistent so charting wasn't going to be accurate anyway).  So anecdotally, I believe that I may have ovulated around the 15th as I felt some pain on one side (which I typically feel mid-cycle when not on the pill), and felt like I had more CM than normal. 

So now we're back and I'm nauseated, have vomited, have a metallic taste in my mouth and am quite tired.  All of this would lead me to think that I might be pregnant except #1 I have not had a positive pregnancy test and #2 I had a period...or not.  I had some bleeding for about 2 days, but it wasn't as heavy as my period usually is, nor was it as long (mine are normally 5-6 days).  Some sites I'm reading imply that it could be breakaway bleeding, but I don't know. 

I am in no way asking if folks think I'm pregnant (how the heck could you all know if I don't!?!?), but I'm wondering if anyone has any insight to how coming of the pill may affect a person's cycle, and if I'm testing too early? 
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: First Cycle TTC after the pill

• Options
    You said you didn't have a period after stopping the pill? Did you stop at the end of the pack when you usually have a period? That seems unusual.  Most of the advice I've read says to continue testing every week until you get a period. 
  • Options
    It would be unlikely to be pregnant that soon after bc considering it hasn't yet been a full cycle off of it. It can take some women 6-12 months for their cycles to regulate.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had taken 4 straight weeks of pill (not the inert ones, a full 4 weeks of the hormone ones).  My cycle has regulated fairly quickly after the pill in the past.

Its the combination of factors (metallic taste, vomiting, etc) and bleeding that have me confused.   

I will continue to test until I get a period or a positive.

• Options
    Someone just posted an article from huffington post on this exact same question. Maybe you can search for it.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Of course you always had a 28 day cycle on the pill, hormones were controlling your cycle.

When you remove those hormones, your cycle changes. Also, know the only way to know when you ovulated is temping. Use the search function to look through threads with similar questions and make sure you read the community guidelines.
  • Options
    Sorry I wasn't clear, my cycle when not on the pill was always 28 days.  I'm sorry I wasn't clear on that.  My natural cycle is 28 days.

I'm confused as to comment regarding community guidelines - have I violated them or committed a faux-pas?
  • Options

Sorry I wasn't clear, my cycle when not on the pill was always 28 days.  I'm sorry I wasn't clear on that.  My natural cycle is 28 days.

I'm confused as to comment regarding community guidelines - have I violated them or committed a faux-pas?
    Not necessarily, but you should still read them if you haven't.
  • Options
    Thanks - just wanted to be sure I wasn't being a pita ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"