August 2015 Moms

Heartbreaking loss. (not mine)

ChristyM87ChristyM87 member
edited March 2015 in August 2015 Moms
Found out today that a friend that was full term with her baby went into labor and delivered a still born baby. She had a low risk pregnancy, ultrasounds had looked great.

I can't even imagine what she must be going through. I am crying for her

Re: Heartbreaking loss. (not mine)

• so very sad. So sorry to hear this. I have had a very good friend this happened to also.  I still feel devistated for her loss.
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ugh... That makes me sick to my stomach for her.. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • This gave me chills. I'm so sorry to hear this about your friend. I will be praying for her and her family.
  • So sad, I can't imagine. I'm at a higher risk of stillbirth because of a clotting disorder and it's my biggest fear...
  • Keeping your friend in my thoughts and prayers - that is horrible.
  • Oh man. Many TnP's for your friend. I couldn't imagine....
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • lynp3lynp3 member
    Thoughts and prayers for your friend so unbelievably sad
  • Thoughts and prayers go out to the family!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• So sad! :( I couldn't imagine. My friends best friend was 5 months pregnant went into labor the baby lived for almost an hour and passed. It's so sad to see things like this happen.
  • I lost my last baby at 5 months last year. The loss will never ever be forgotten and will hurt when you think about it, but somehow you just learn to cope. My best advice is Just try to be there for her because lots of people disappear when you're grieving.
    DH + Me:  2013.11.09

BFP #1: Bilateral Renal Agenesis (Potters Sequence), D+E 2014.06.06 @ 20 wks

My Rainbow DS: 2015.08.28

BFP #3:  2016.11.24
  • jenandbrettjenandbrett member
    edited March 2015
    I agree with pp. be there. It's shocking how many people don't know what to say so they just don't say anything. It's horribly awkward and painful. Just say I'm sorry and offer a hug. If you have her number, text her every couple of days just to say I'm thinking of you. Let me know if I can do anything. I've been told losing a baby is the loneliest kind of grief and I believe it. No one has memories of your baby but you so they forget very quickly. Meals are awesome. If you make anything, a gift to commemorate the baby would be awesome. I received one gift lovingly handmade by a woman I had never met but knew my story and it meant so much to me.
    Trigger Warning (LC and loss) -- 
    Married May 2008 
    Beautiful daughter Alyssa born April 23, 2011 
    Precious son Isaac born at 34 weeks in April 27, 2014 with Potters Syndrome Type 4 and Down Syndrome - trusted into the arms of Jesus after 3 hours.
    Pregnant again! Due August 8, 2015 please be healthy, little one!

(results on 2/4/15 showed no Down's and it's a girl!) Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I was 23 weeks pregnant last year when my doctor dicovered there was no longer a heartbeat. All my tests and ultrasounds had been normal, too. I am currently 18 weeks pregnant and terrified it will happen again.

It will be difficult (to put it mildly) for your friend for awhile, but be there for her as much as you can. Don't be offended if she doesn't want to talk about it, but just let her know you are there whenever she needs you.

My thoughts and prayers go out to your friend!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"