July 2015 Moms
Options

Fluttering heart at bedtime?

I am 23 wks and for the past few days every time I go to lay down its like my heart gets all off track. I can feel it going too fast and I have cough n cough to get it back on track. I end up falling asleep sitting up at 90 degrees! What in the world?? I am not laying on my back-side only.
Help?!

Re: Fluttering heart at bedtime?

• Options
    Scary isn't it. I get heart palpitations too off and on but have read that it's normal while pregnant. I have yet to ask my doctor but will when I see him again.
  • Options
    I get them if I lay on my back. It feels so scary!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    htinghting member
    I think I will call today and see if they have any recommendations. I will let u know! Yes it is scary and so strange that its only at bedtime.
  • Options
    Same thing has been happening to me!
  • Options
    Same thing happens to me it feels awful but I am pretty sure it's indigestion or acid reflux for me as I suffer with acid reflux and have gone to the hospital with chest pains in the past. I take gaviscon.
  • Options
    htinghting member
    My dr office just called back -no help. Said that would be something to ask your pcp about. Gee thank you!
  • Options
    Make sure you are sleeping on your side.
  • Options
    I've had palpitations randomly during this pregnancy, but at night when I lay on my back I can hear my heart beat really loud! I've read that it's your baby pressing against the aorta that runs down the back of your abdomin. Similar to how you put pressure on your wrist or neck to check your pulse. I'm not a doctor or nurse but I worked in a cardiology office for a few years and palpitations have never been a serious indicator that something is wrong however, since your pregnant, you should be evaluated and probably will be seen the same day. I would pay close attention to when it happens, what your heart rate is, what activities you've been doing even the food you've ate. This way you can have all the info available for your physician. He's going to ask for it anyway! It could be heartburn! Also take note of how long it lasts, how often it happens, if the pain is dull or sharp and if anything else changes like your breathing. Wishing you the best, and try not to worry! And definitely don't Google anything lol!!
  • Options
    I get them everytime I lay on my left side since about week 13, Im 22 weeks now! Told OB about it at last appointment, she sent me for ECG and some blood work to make sure it wasnt actually anything. She said it could also be due to anemia. Are you getting enough Iron? Other than that she said it can be pretty common. I am getting sick of only sleeping on my right side.
  • Options
    beeishbeeish member
    Are you still having heart palpitations? Did your doctor ever recommend anything? I have a appt. with a heart doctor Tom due to heart palpitations and I'm nervous.
  • Options
    I've had them when I wasn't pregnant. When I asked my PCP he said there were some tests that could be done, but he wasn't concerned too much bc he was also treating me for anxiety. It's scary. I hope you get some answers and feel better!
  • Options
    beeishbeeish member
    Thank you! I will post Tom. Hopefully it's nothing major.
  • Options
    beeishbeeish member
    Visited the cardiologist today. Everything went good. He said I have a slight heart murmur but the increased heart beat was normal during pregnancy. :)