August 2015 Moms

Level 2 ultrasound

I have one scheduled for April 14th. Never had to have one with my last pregnancy. Is there a difference between this and the regular 20 week scan? What do they do differently? Just curious. Tia!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Level 2 ultrasound

• I had a level 2 for the first time last week. Honestly, I did not find there to be much difference other than I had to go to another facility for it. The Dr says it is more detailed though and better equipment. I have to go back in a few weeks because my little girl was not cooperating so they couldn't get all of the images that they needed. I think they will do some 3D/4D too, but probably more of the face and stuff, which she would not show!!
  • My doctor always does a level 2 for the anatomy scan. I only know bc I had to ask bc of other issues and needed a level 2. And because she wasn't cooperating now She gets an echocardiogram this week and another level 2 in 2 more weeks.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • The only thing that seemed different to me was the picture quality. It was much higher resolution.
  • Picture quality was way better and it allows them to see bone and tissue in more detail. No difference for you though. This is one from my level 2 that was done 2 weeks ago. Look how much more you can see actual bones and such.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"