August 2015 Moms

Trying to smile.. but obviously faking it.

I'm having a rough weekend.. Trying to get stuff prepared for my son's 8th birthday which is on Easter this year. Of course, we're on a very tight budget because my husband was fired a month ago and then decided he didn't like his new job! So I'm the only one bringing in a paycheck.
So my husband decides to take my atm card and secretly buy beer. I realized during my housework that he was acting weird. He was extremely drunk and continued to drink until 4 am. He's a very mean drunk and made me feel like hell. Well today I tried to plaster a smile on my face that way my kids didn't realize I was about to cry. My stepson took out the trash for me, I watered plants, we got lunch ready, etc. Then my husband wakes up and we had a talk outside about his drunken behavior. I realized there was something in the bushes. It was the trash that my stepson had taken out. He didn't feel like walking the last 5 feet to the trash can so he hid it all in the bushes. I'm about to break down. Luckily, I have a coffee date with a friend in a little bit. Hopefully I won't burst into tears when she asks how I'm doing.

Just had to rant and let it out...

Re: Trying to smile.. but obviously faking it.

• I am glad that you are getting out of the house to meet a friend.  But I agree, that you need to speak up about your family's behaviors.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I hope your friend can cheer you up a little! Sounds like a bad day to me... It sucks to live on a tight budget, but why is beer more important than anything else to some men? Take care! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"