Baby Names
Options

James

I love the name James but I'm not a fan of Jim, Jimmy, or Jamie as a nickname. I would call him james at all times, but do you think eventually people will give him one of those nicknames? I don't know of a single James who did not become a Jimmy which makes me hesistant to use the name

Re: James

• Options
    e1223e1223 member
    My nephew is just James but he's only 8 months old :) My sister just calls him James, but my dad calls him Jimmer, or Jammer. Ultimately I don't think you have a ton of control over what nicknames happen from other people, but you can always call him James I suppose. If it bugs you a lot, probably find another name where you're ok with the obvious nicknames.
  • Options
    I know 2 James, and they just go by James. (I never understand giving a 1 syllable name a 2 syllable nn anyway.) It isn't a name like William or Joshua where it's impossible to avoid nns.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My 35 year old brother is still James. Beautiful name (& he's a great guy to boot!)
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear you know of guys who go by just James! I guess all of the Jim/jimmys I know of are older so maybe those nicknames are more common with the older generation. I'm going to keep James on my list. Thanks!
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    All the James' I know, go by James.
  • Options
    If someone calls him a nickname, you (and he later on) can just politely say "It's James" and that will be that. Great name.
  • Options
    I know know manus James, some go by Jamie, some Jim and some James. You can always correct people when they call him something else, until his older at which point it will be up to him.
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Options
    I think James because it is short stands on its own and you don't need to worry about nicknames. I know with longer names like Alexander it is highly likely to be shortened
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"