November 2015 Moms
Options

Very low and firm cervix at 7weeks 4 days...

Hi there!

For those of you who have been pregnant before and/or had a baby before....

I have read that when you ovulate and are trying to conceive that the cervix lowers and feels very firm but once you actually get pregnant that it should raise back up and soften up quite a bit. Does anyone know if I should be concerned that it's still very low? Is this a bad sign ? Is this normal? My first appointment is this coming Tuesday and I have been agonizing for weeks about whether my baby is ok or not! I keep thinking that I'll get there and they'll say there's no heartbeat and it's terrifying.

I have had no other negative side effects (spotting, bleeding, cramping)

Re: Very low and firm cervix at 7weeks 4 days...

• Options
    This is my first pregnancy but I would be cautious of checking your cervix. You don't want to cause any irritation or infection.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, it will probably do more harm to stress about it! Happy and healthy 9 months :)
  • Options
    Stop checking your cervix. Doctors don't check it at this stage and neither should you. You risk introducing bacteria or even causing spotting by irritating your cervix. If something is wrong (and there's no reason to believe there is) checking your cervix is not going to give you any answers.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think you need to just wait until your appt. I'm sure everything is fine. And yes, stop checking your own cervix!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's different for everybody, and also differs between pregnancies.  Best advice would be what others have suggested above, try not to check yourself and talk to your doctor about it.  Those nagging worries can get the best of all of us, and even when your doctor tells you everything is fine, you'll probably still worry after your appointment leading up to your next one (I know I do).  Someone mentioned using the mantra "Today, I am pregnant", and trying not to worry about what could go wrong.  I've been trying to take this approach.  Instead, take care of yourself and try not to stress :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wasn't necessarily "checking my own cervix" but my SO had noticed while we were having sex that he felt something and it felt different. Then once I felt it I knew it didn't feel normal. Just 3 more days! Wait wait wait ;(
  • Options
    I think checking your cervix would introduce fewer bacteria than sex, assuming you washed your hands first... Certainly less traumatic to the cervix than sex....

The cervix should return to a high position at some point, but it is different for everyone and can take a number of weeks. So, yeah, there really would be no reason for anyone to be checking their cervix or worrying about its position at this stage.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"