Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Baby blues or PPD?

Hello everyone. I recently had my first child (2 weeks ago), and I cry everyday. I just feel like I'm drowning. Everything has changed, from my daily schedule to my relationships with everyone I know... I look at my sweet baby and start crying, and then I feel even worse because how could something so beautiful, and perfect make me so sad? I have plenty of support, and I get more sleep than most do at this point, I just don't understand how to handle the painful sadness I'm feeling. I'm afraid it will start affecting the baby... there are times I get so sad I have to hand her to my mom because I just can't hold her. Please give me y'alls thoughts, I don't know what to do.

Re: Baby blues or PPD?

• Please talk to your doctor about how you're feeling so they can tell you whether it's the blues or PPD, and they can advise you on what to do next. Best of luck to you!
  • Yes, talk to your doctor! He/she will be better equipped to help with all you are feeling than anyone can advise here.
    Best of luck to you.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had those same feelings and it took me 7 weeks before I talked to my doctor! I wish I had sooner! I am now feeling so much better and am truely loving parenting! Talk to your doctor!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"