1st Trimester

Another HCG question, but different this time!

**warning, previous loss mentioned***

Hi everyone,
I am five weeks along today and just got my second blood draw yesterday. My HCG more than doubled from 151 to 434, but I am still anxious. Last time it ended in a chemical pregnancy and I was devastated. My question is, does anyone know if your HCG doubles the first time, how likely is it to continue doubling? Does an initial doubling indicate that it is more likely to keep doubling? I know this is a rather neurotic question but it any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Another HCG question, but different this time!

• It's really difficult for us to say. Every pregnancy is different, and because we don't know your medical history it would be difficult to say this is normal/likely for you.

Why didn't you ask the doctor this question? They would have the details on your history and tell you what to expect.

• myulamyula member
    Why doesn't anyone just ask their doctors all the questions they bring onto this message board? Obviously I was looking for other people's experiences, not just the standard answer I would get from the doctor. And I did google and look for answers in other places, but I just thought someone know here. But thanks, now I know what you think. 
  • Loading the player...
  • myula said:

Why doesn't anyone just ask their doctors all the questions they bring onto this message board? Obviously I was looking for other people's experiences, not just the standard answer I would get from the doctor. And I did google and look for answers in other places, but I just thought someone know here. But thanks, now I know what you think. 

That was quite a rude/defensive response to a really accurate answer to your question.
    It's really hard to tell if just because it doubled the one time in the one 24hour period how things will go. Who knows what it's been like since the moment you got pregnant? It isn't a real milestone like seeing the heartbeat, measuring on track, having normal ultrasounds, and normal genetic testing provided you have it done.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"