2nd Trimester

Extreme Breastfeeding

Did anyone watch the 20/20 episode on "extreme mothering"? I think that the fake babies were featured as well on that episode. I attached what I could find on you tube about the breast feeding. The kid is old enough to tell you which side has more milk and can unbutton moms shirt for his "nummys" him self. I think its a creepy...u?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muOfUOTva_k

Re: Extreme Breastfeeding

• Barf - flame me if you will....I am all for BFing however that is just fuckingroseanddisturbing.

• I can't watch this at work, but YES I think it's creepy. People judge me a lot for my opinions, though. I'm not BFing, but I'm fine with people who do. I just don't think you should BF a toddler who can ask for a cup of juice, which a lot of kids can do before the age of 1. I think it's weird--like you said something about above.

Not sure how old the kid is that you're referring to, but if they can ask for a cracker and you can actually understand what they're saying, it's time to stop BFing--IMO.

• Loading the player...
  • I have to say that my youngest brother did this.... He was a later in life child for my mom and step dad. And my mom refused to break him of breast feeding....
    This is the reason DH and I have decided not to breast feed.
    I started dating DH and my brother would get down from eating and crawl under the table and lift my moms shirt and nurse.
    It was horrible!!!
  • I saw this and was completely horrified by it! I mean come on! If they have teeth, can walk and talk they are too old for that!  I wonder if there will be a long-term effect on them.
  • I watched and I was really grossed out by it.  It is more for the mom and they kids should not need a boob to make them feel better.  Totally disturbing
    Happily Married - Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is insane. I believe this is more for the mother's sick obsession with being "connected" to her children than breastfeeding. She's also teaching her child a horrible way to cope. When he wants to be comforted, he goes to his mother's breasts. WTH is he going to do when he's mad that his prom date is dancing with another guy?!? This doesn't foster anything but ill coping skills for both the mother and the child.
  • As soon as baby starts to cut teeth I'm done. That's just wrong to do it that long, IMO.
  • imagesherron83:
    I have to say that my youngest brother did this.... He was a later in life child for my mom and step dad. And my mom refused to break him of breast feeding....
    This is the reason DH and I have decided not to breast feed.
    I started dating DH and my brother would get down from eating and crawl under the table and lift my moms shirt and nurse.
    It was horrible!!!

Wow!!! 

• imageSMADDOX47:
    As soon as baby starts to cut teeth I'm done. That's just wrong to do it that long, IMO.

I agree, the first time I get bitten... we're done.

• Wow...flame away but that is extremly disturbing.

3/22/09 - Lily Grace, born at 33 weeks, 2 days
    9/12/14 - M/C @ 7 weeks, 1 day (ectopic)

• I watched it.  It was really wierd.  Did you see the woman in England who's daughter is 8 and still bf'ing? Can we say issues?? She was playing with her 12 yr old sister and was saying "I think everyone should bf, forever..."

I agree, it is NOT natural, and anyone who thinks it is crazy.  What animal in the wild feeds thier young when they are the that old?  NOT natural, and not helping the child develop coping skills.   

One word- eewwwww.......

• I guess my opinion isnt exactly the opposite of the previous posts, but I just know that other countries/cultures that breastfeed longer than a year have normal kids too.  I've seen a 4 year old still breastfeeding.  Yeah, it seemed odd to me, but I dont know everything about his culture, his family and so on.  It was a shock to my system and I dont plan on BFing until age 4...but I also don't really agree with co-sleeping.  And TONS of my friends are still "co-sleeping" their 2+ year olds.  I dont really tell them I think its wrong, I just let them know I dont plan to co-sleep my kids like that.
  • i watched the entire episode.  it was like a train wreck.  i couldn't take my eyes off of it.  i will be BFing but "only" for about a year.  the kids in the episode ranged from 6-8 years old.  THAT is wrong.  in a lot of developing countries where nourishment is an issue, children BF til about 2-3 years.  NOT 6-8!!! 

the other gems of the episode included "making labor pleasurable."  only they meant orgasmic.  like these women were buck naked in tubs kissing their husbands moaning and groaning.  as DH put it, "the full when harry met sally"

THEN there were these crazy ladies that buy beautiful lifelike baby dolls.  and treat them like they're real babies.  i'm talking nurseries, changing diapers, taking them to the park, etc.

very disturbing!!!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My God! At that age they aren't even suppose to be using a bottle anymore. That is just disturbing, and showing a lack of control on the mother's part. Nothing is wrong with saying no to your child.
  • Ewww, orgasmic birth? That is sick too... How do you explain to people that you got off while giving birth? Its gross to mix children with sexual pleasure...flame away but I think that is messed up.
  • That is creepy - I will breastfeed as long as I can no longer than 1 year, when they switch to whole milk.  With my first, i only last 3 months, and with second, 6 months.  I am hoping to last longer this time.  Formula is EXPENSIVE!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"