Infertility

Help!!!

kristylangkristylang member
edited March 2015 in Infertility
Hello everyone. I am new to this discussion board. My husband and I had our first consult with our fertility doctor after many ultrasounds and blood work done had been done. My doctor is concerned with some of my levels such as : FSH: 10.3, AMH: .4 and my follicle count: left: 8 right: 6. After speaking to our doctor we have decided to try IUI at least twice and If this doesn't work then do IVF. Has anyone gone through this and had success??? Please help with positive stories as I begin the journey to start my family.
Kristy

Re: Help!!!

• Welcome to the board. Since this is for women *currently* going through IVF/infertility, you aren't going to find a lot of success stories. You may get some if you post on the Pregnant After Infertility of Success After Infertility boards.

You're numbers aren't terrific, but I know we've had women who were on this board, find success with similar or worse. I suggest you read "It Starts With the Egg" which discusses things you may want to do that could increase your chances for success. I didn't read the book until after my third IVF and I often wonder if I would have found success by now if I'd adopted the recommendations sooner.

Good luck. 

***************************Loss Mentioned***************************

Me 37 y/o, DH 45 y/o; DH vasectomy reversal (his 2nd marriage) 11/8/12; TTC since 12/8/12. IVF due to MFI. DOR diagnosis April 2015.

IVF #1 BCPs/Antagonist w/ICSI Jan 2014 = BFN

IVF #2 MDL w/PICSI March 2014 = BFN

IVF #3 EPP/Antagonist w/PICSI May/June 2014 = BFP!; MMC 6w4d

IVF #4 No suppression/Antagonist Nov 2014/Converted to IUI #1 = BFN
    IVF #4.1 Feb 2015 = cancelled
    IVF #4.2 April 2015 - Lupron Stop Protocol with ICSI = PGD testing of embryo indicated it was abnormal
    IVF #5 June 2015 EPP with Antagonist 

Everyone welcome!

• Thank you so much. I'm new to this whole thing and realized after I had posted that I probably won't hear many success stories on this board. My apology for this post everyone. Just looking for answers and in need of some positive vibe. Thanks for your help Carol!!!! :)
    Kristy
  • Loading the player...
  • *PAIF*

That AMH is super low. I'm sure your doctor will tell you you have diminished ovarian reserve . This just means that you will likely be a little hard to stimulate in art cycles and you may make less eggs on high doses of medications. I know one dor girl who makes about 12 eggs on around 400iu of drugs and then I know one dor girl who will make one or two eggs on 750ih of drugs. DOR does not necessarily mean your eggs are bad though so that's good! I would try a few iuis and if they don't work move on to IVF. You always have a better chance with IVF.
  • Thank you for the information. I greatly appreciate it. First IUI this week! Fingers crossed!!!!
    Kristy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"