1st Trimester

prenatal pills = barfing!

Every time I take my pills I barf them up... is it worth even taking?? ugh!  This has happened the last 3 nights at least. I used to do fine with them.

Re: prenatal pills = barfing!

• I completely understand where you're coming from! I had to stop taking the pills, and ended up buying some gummies. I would rather take the pills, but there wasn't any point in taking them when you throw up every single time. Ever since I began taking the gummies, I haven't had a problem. 

imageimage

O'15 September Siggy Challenge -- Third Trimester Woes
  • You can also try taking them at night right before bed. This is what I've always done so I don't know any different, but lots of ladies on here say that solved the nausea issue with the vitamins.
  • Loading the player...
  • It is really important to take your prenatals and I agree with the gummies. They were all I was able to take and I could take them during the day but if you still have trouble taking them before bed is a great option.
  • I was told by a friend a long time ago to take them at night before bed so that's what i do! No morning sickness yet from! So totally worth a try!! 5w4d
  • I ended up on the Flintstone vitamins.....better than nothin' I guess.
  • This is my 2nd baby.  I took them in the morning last time and had terrible morning sickness.  I'm 14 weeks today and have been taking them at night. It has been working wonderful up until 3 nights ago!!! I think I will try the gummies! What brand of gummies do you like best? 
  • The first night I took one, I was up several times during the night with abdominal cramps and had a metallic taste in my mouth all the next day.  After the first one, I had basically no cramping/metallic taste.  But I'd like a recommendation for a gummy, too, because my nausea has been more persistent the past few days and I've skipped my vitamins for fear that they would make me vomit.
  • There are a few different gummy kinds you can choose from if you stop by the vitamin section of any pharmacy or grocery store. Just make sure you read the facts and ingredients to make sure they have what you need.
  • I tried five different kinds of prescription prenatals and most of them made me severely nauseous.  I finished my samples about two days before my first OB visit so I switched back to my gummies.  I asked my OB about prenatals and she said the gummies were absolutely fine to take and that is what she took.  She said it's better to take something than nothing and something that doesn't make you ill. As long as they have the folic acid, she added. I loved hearing this because I had purchased four or five bottles with the last of my 2014 flex spending and didn't want them to go to waste!
  • I take mine before heading to bed so I won't experience the nausea!
  • Most prenatal vitamins have a lot of iron in them and there are a lot of people (pregnant or not pregnant) that can't tolerate high levels of iron.   I developed an iron sensitivity during my first pregnancy and I seem to have developed one with this second one as well.  I switched to a gummy vitamin with no iron and it helped a lot.  I know that iron is important, but if my body doesn't like it what's a girl to do?  There's no point in taking it if you're just going to throw it back up anyways.