December 2014 Moms

Lactation Cookies

Has anyone tried any Lactation Cookie recipes that actually had a positive effect?  Buying all these supplements is hurting my wallet and baking is much cheaper.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Lactation Cookies

• I haven't tried the cookies but when I add oats, flax and chia to my smoothies I do see an improvement in my supply. Honestly though, drinking tons of water is when I see the biggest increase.
  • Yea I drink enough to drown a horse daily with no difference

• Loading the player...
  • https://www.bellybelly.com.au/breastfeeding/lactation-cookies/

I started making these, they're tasty even without extra added flavours and I definately noticed an increase :)
  • I noticed an increased supply when I did a combination of mothers milk tea, fenugreek pills and homemade lactation cookies that have oats, brewers yeast and flaxseed in them.
  • I baked lactation cookies when my baby was 2 months old and had really good success.  Now I just eat oatmeal in the morning and occasionally make lactation cookies. 

I used brewer's yeast, flax seed meal, oatmeal and almonds.  The four are suppose to be milk boosters. 
  • did anyone notice the flaxseed increasing the lipase in their milk?  I took it in my oatmeal for 2 days and my milk color changed and tasted a bit different on day 3

• abcmom12abcmom12 member
    edited April 2015

@stejjy, I made the recipe this weekend.  How long before you noticed the increase and how many were you eating?  Mine are kind thick

Update: So I ate 2 this morning and had and oz increase than norm.  Had another two around the same time before I pumped in the morning with no change and nothing for the remainder of the day.  So far I'm feeling fluke or else it has to be on an empty stomach so we'll see what tomorrow brings.

• I noticed an increase in a couple of days, but I also ate a heap of them. I have a problem with portion control