March 2015 Moms

Scared

I'll be 41 weeks on Wed, I'm getting induced Tue night at 8pm. And hoping she will be here by Wed. I'm a FTM and I'm already scared of labor and giving birth. And even getting the epidural. I know I want it BC I don't want to be in pain. I'm a huge sissy when it comes to pain. I was hoping my baby girl would come on her own but she isn't showing no sign of it. So we decided to be induced due to hubby starting school on the 30th and I know I'll want him home around for a while before he starts. Is labor that bad, dose the epidural that bad? I just don't know what to think and feel about the whole thing. Just plain scared. Lol

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• I've never been induced or had an epidural. Had a natural labor experience with no pain killers. It was an intense experience but all very worth it! Your body and mind go into a different mode when in labor. It's not like day to day pain experiences. Hormones kick in and when it's all over you move past it quickly. :)

I've also heard great experiences from ladies who've had inductions and epidurals. My mom was induced as had an epidural with all five of her kids.

It's definitely scary to go into the experience but you'll forget it all once you hold that precious baby. :)
  • My first was natural and my second was an emergency c-section. Both weren't as bad as I expected. Vaginal birth was easier than I imagined. Ended up with 3 stitches, but recovery was quick. With my second, the epidural felt like a bee sting - very manageable (pain wise). Read up on the process, the more educated you are, the less scared you will be.
  • I hope you're able to relax and take in the whole experience stress free.
  • Thanks everyone for the great positive feedback. I've been having really bad contractions all day today. And been pretty close together. If she don't come tonight, I'm hoping I'm at least dialed
  • By the time I get to the hospital tomorrow at 8pm... I'm so nervous and scared, these pains I've been feeling today have been the worse yet. So I'm deff scared for labor..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"