June 2015 Moms

FFFC!- flame free Friday confessions! 3/20

alright let hear them ladies!
Mine:
I'm going to cheap out on nursery stuff so we can upgrade our ikea bedroom furniture. I want the best for my baby but mama also wants a mango wood deesser. Feeling guilty but I figure the kids stuff will be gnawed on and colored on by the end anyway.
BabyFruit Ticker image
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: FFFC!- flame free Friday confessions! 3/20

• Loading the player...
  • It's league bowling night again tonight and I'm going to do terrible, like always. My confession is that every time I blame the bump for my shoddy performance. My excuse is that since it's an every other week league, the bump has grown so much in between, its like learning how to bowl all over again with the new distribution of weight ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love all these today!!!
  • Failed my one hour again! Fucking GD! now I have to test for two weeks to see how I do, since I am not doing the 3 hr test. Hoping it is fine over the next few weeks since I am so not into protein or veggies and I love my fruit! oy!!! at least it is ony 10.5 weeks, but man this sucks! Also, another reason this will  be our last kid.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• alright let hear them ladies!
    Mine:
    I'm going to cheap out on nursery stuff so we can upgrade our ikea bedroom furniture. I want the best for my baby but mama also wants a mango wood deesser. Feeling guilty but I figure the kids stuff will be gnawed on and colored on by the end anyway.

I see no issue with this.  Neither of my children got a new crib, dresser, chair etc.  We did not spend money on all the trappings when we had perfectly good hand-me-downs.  Where we did spend a little money was on making the wall hangings in their rooms special.  And by money... I mean we spent about 100 bucks on this baby to get  him custom barnwood cutouts of animals for his room.  Don't feel guilty!  When your child is older they will want to have input on their big kid bed... it will mean more! 
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• alright let hear them ladies!
    Mine:

So funny you mention this... We recently upgraded out ikea furniture to a really nice set from Pottery Barn.... I felt like a real grown-up.... But sometimes I actually miss the ikea stuff because the dressers held more!
  • Ok this one is super weird but sometimes I just sit and stare at my bump because I LOVE watching baby move! Anyone else do this?

Yes :)
    And I'm also being totally cheap on the nursery
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Not baby related exactly, but I haven't washed my hair since last Saturday. I have naturally curly hair that's pretty dry so I usually go a few days between, especially if I've straightened it. I'm not completely gross, I've used dry shampoo a couple times. It's just so much effort to straighten it and I've run out of the product I use when I wear it curly and I'm too lazy to go to the store and get more. I promise to wash it tomorrow.
  • Pregnancy is making me want to clean things like you would not believe. I want to lather up sponges over and over in the shower, and I have become obsessed with magic erasers.
    I wish I had the energy to keep up with this new sponge/cleaning supplies fetish!
  • When talking to the parts guy at stork craft over the phone I played the pregnancy card and told him I was about ready to pop (I'm due in June) and if my baby didn't have a crib (we will use the pack and play for a few months in our room) it would be on him.

Background info: the crib arrived chipped. I emailed and got no response. I called 2 days later and got no response and was to to send an email. Again no response. I called Wednesday ( a week later) and was told to send yet another email.

I really did try to play nice but after over a week of trying to get a response it was time to play the pregnancy card. It worked; I finally got some follow-up and I don't feel guilty at all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"