2nd Trimester

Used baby gear

Hey mamas.  Just looking online at some used baby stuff.  I know that there are a few things I should (and I know I will) buy new, but I'm still curious.  What I'm noticing when I look at used cribs is that people let their children chew on the rails of the crib.  I understand teething and they can't help it.  But why don't they use the bumper pads that aren't supposed to be IN the crib and tie it to the railings??  Am I bonkers for thinking this is a good idea?  I know it's not healthy for the baby to chew off the paint and sealer they use on the cribs.  And when the bumper pads get all soggy and gross, throw them into the wash.  Just thinking out loud. 

Re: Used baby gear

• They make some specifically for this purpose....rail covers or something like that. If my child chewed, I would use them. I was lucky DS never did. We will see what DD does!
  • pixieprincsspixieprincss member
    edited March 2015
    My kids have never done this, but if the baby was chewing and sucking on padded fabric it would be a gross hotbed of mold.  I'd much rather my baby chew on unfinished, natural wood. (A finished crib was never something we considered because I do agree with you about the chemicals in finishes). Rail covers I've seen are plastic, also something I don't want my kid chewing on.
  • Loading the player...
  • Are you talking about rail guards? Crib bumpers are dangerous and these days almost all parents follow recommendations not to use them.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Are you talking about rail guards? Crib bumpers are dangerous and these days almost all parents follow recommendations not to use them.

They are in fact illegal to sell in some states as that are a major cause of suffocation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"