Infertility

First Dr visit for infertility

luckybuttonluckybutton member
edited March 2015 in Infertility
Hi everyone. I recently went to my doctor. I have had two MC with in the last two yrs and need to know what's going on. He did an ultrasound and checked my follicles which I had on both sides . He said that my largest follicle was on my left side, which is where my pain is every month. and He told me I should be ovulating soon and gave me vaginal progesterone to take for two weeks after ovulation. No bloodwork was done. He stated he will do bloodwork on day 3 of next cycle and HSG if I dnt get pregnant this cycle.
Should I have had bloodwork done first or what? Is it normal to only have pain on my left side and ovulate from my left side? Im scared and worried.

Re: First Dr visit for infertility

• Depending on where you are in your cycle, your doctor may have thought you would rather try something (progesterone to see if that would help you get and stay pregnant) than wait another month for testing.

I'm not sure why you would only have pain on your left side, but in general, ovulation alternates between the ovaries. A HSG may identify if there is a blockage that would be preventing you from ovulating from your right ovary.

Good luck. 

***************************Loss Mentioned***************************

Me 37 y/o, DH 45 y/o; DH vasectomy reversal (his 2nd marriage) 11/8/12; TTC since 12/8/12. IVF due to MFI. DOR diagnosis April 2015.

IVF #1 BCPs/Antagonist w/ICSI Jan 2014 = BFN

IVF #2 MDL w/PICSI March 2014 = BFN

IVF #3 EPP/Antagonist w/PICSI May/June 2014 = BFP!; MMC 6w4d

IVF #4 No suppression/Antagonist Nov 2014/Converted to IUI #1 = BFN
    IVF #4.1 Feb 2015 = cancelled
    IVF #4.2 April 2015 - Lupron Stop Protocol with ICSI = PGD testing of embryo indicated it was abnormal
    IVF #5 June 2015 EPP with Antagonist 

Everyone welcome!

• Thanks very much for your reply. Hopefully this is my month!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"