April 2014 Moms

Diaper genie

how do you ladies keep them from stinking??? I never thought that plastic could absorb odor but it definitely does! I tried installing an air freshener to the inside of the lid but then the room just smelled like poopy watermelon. I need ideas!

Re: Diaper genie

• Ah freshener mixed with poop :) I don't use a diaper genie, just a regular plastic container. But, when I empty it, I try to leave it open in the sun for an hour or so. I find that helps most. Would that work for a diaper genie?
  • We have the arm in hammer pail it gets stinky sometimes but not too bad. Maybe put a box of baking soda in it?
  • Loading the player...
  • I only use it for wets, poos get tied up doggie poo style and thrown out more frequently.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Im the opposite and only use mine for poop. I sprinkle baking soda in the bottom and haven't had a problem with it stinking unless I let it build up to massive proportions.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• I just use a $10 lidded garbage can, but it reeks. Going to try the baking soda idea, thanks!
  • I think I'm going to have to take the poopy ones out separately and only use it for wets. L try the baking soda first though. Thanks!!
  • I just use a $10 lidded garbage can, but it reeks. Going to try the baking soda idea, thanks!

Me too!
  • sherks11sherks11 member
    edited March 2015
    My comment was repeated. Woops!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"