Philadelphia Babies

Hospital/obgyn recommendations near Gilbertsville (Pottstown/Phoenixville/Einstein/Grand view)?

We are new to the Gilbertsville area and just found out we are 6 weeks pregnant.  It looks like the closest hospital is Pottstown (15 min away) with the next closest 30 minutes away (Phoenixville, Einstein Montgomery and Grand view).  Can anyone share recent experiences with these hospitals?  Any recommendations for ob/gyns that practice at these facilities?  From what I can find online it doesn't sound like Pottstown or Phoenixville come highly recommended.  We would like to stay as close to home as possible as we will have a 2 yr old at home as well. 

I greatly appreciate any/all recommendations! Thanks!

Re: Hospital/obgyn recommendations near Gilbertsville (Pottstown/Phoenixville/Einstein/Grand view)?

• I wouldn't recommend those either. I live down the road from Gilbertsville and we go up to Lehigh valley on cedar crest. It's about half an hour but worth it. I enjoy the friendly staff and clean unit for labor and delivery and mother baby. Bigger rooms than most as well. They also have an amazing NICU so your baby will be well taken care of in the event of an emergency instead of having to be shipped off to a nicu hospital after birth if it's needed (I pray not!).
    I did have a friend who just birthed at Grandview but I think it's a similar distance. Good luck!
  • I delivered at Einstein Montgomery and absolutely loved it! The staff were all extremely nice and willing to work with me when it came to how I wanted my birthing experience to play out. One of the nurses even came to my room the next day to see my little guy cause she missed hiS birth by an hour! Her shift ended at 7am and he was born at 8. Everything is nice, clean and new . Had a big flat screen tv in my room and three meals a day . Plus my midwife works with that hospital and I absolutely love her! Barbara D'Amato at Valley Birthplace. I would reccomend her to anyone. She really takes her time with you at all of your appointments and extremely friendly and know what she's talking about (she's delivered 3000+ babies, mine included) So glad she was there to deliver my son.
  • Loading the player...
  • I live in Gilbertsville and I'm actually going to reading hospital. It's a hike, but my OB (located in limerick) is affiliated with this hospital.
  • I have attended several births at Einstein Montgomery and love it! 
    Dona Birth Doula Prenatal and Vinyasa Yoga Instructor Childbirth Education Instructor
    Greater Philadelphia and South Jersey
  • Einstein Montgomery has a wonderful reputation of supporting Natural childbirth and vbac.
  • I live in Gilbertsville and I'm actually going to reading hospital. It's a hike, but my OB (located in limerick) is affiliated with this hospital.
  • I'm 10 weeks and have been getting my care at Einstein Montgomery. I'm also an employee there and I'm very pleased with the physicians I have worked with and the care I have received.