October 2015 Moms
Options

Don't drink the water...

I know everyone says don't drink the water in Mexico, but has anyone that changed since Cancun has become more built up? I'm probably only going to drink bottled water but what I would really love is a VIRGIN daiquiri !! Anyone think that's okay? It's prolly made with ice...

Re: Don't drink the water...

• Options
    I'd really just avoid drinking the water. It might be worth the risk for just you, but not with baby on board. Just my two cents. Have fun on your trip! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I would only drink bottled. A lot of the resorts only serve bottled water anyway
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband and I travel a lot and if you are on the resort you should be fine. They have huge purification systems for the whole resort, so ice is fine and then they serve mostly bottled water. You will see them dumping liters of water into the pitchers they serve you with. You can usually research your resort ahead of time to fine out if the water is purified too!! But do carry your own water when off the resort:)
  • Options
    Stick with bottled unless you know they used bottled to make the drink. I had some virgin Piña Coladas when I was pregnant with DS but I was staying at an all-inclusive resort that only used the bottled water.
  • Options
    We're staying in an all inclusive resort so I'm hoping to have a few virgin piña coladas/ virgin daiquiris...yeah I figured everything is bottled... Just had to check!! Thanks ladies!!
  • Options
    MirandaC1984MirandaC1984 member
    edited March 2015
    Hey. We go every year and actually had our wedding in Cancun last year. I'm jealous. The don't drink the water thing is crazy. I've never had a problem. I have a problem telling others what to do but if it were me, I'd have the daiquiri. Have fun. Where are you staying? We love fiesta Americana condesa.
  • Options
    I think you'll be okay at the resort, they wouldn't be able to serve unfiltered ice at the bars/restaurants there. We're going to Cabo next week and I plan on having few virgin drinks at the resort. I'll probably just stick to bottled water while we're away from the resort though.
  • Options
    Glad to hear that others are having a few virgin drinks too! We're going to the Paradisus. We are so siked about it. It's a pretty big hotel I think so I'm pretty sure everything is filtered, but I may just drink bottled water to be safe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"