September 2015 Moms
Options

Crap. I took aspirin. Anyone else?

In my pregnancy brain I categorized pain med into two types--Tylenol and Advil. I always turn to Advil. And I know Advil is ibuprofen which we can't have. Somehow I aligned Tylenol as aspirin, and remembered from last pregnancy that I could take Tylenol. But alas, it's not, it's acetaminophen. So my stupid behind took an aspirin last night and this morning before I realized aspirin is actually on the list of no-nos. Now I feel all nervous and guilty. Anyone else ever take meds on the no-no list?

Re: Crap. I took aspirin. Anyone else?

• Options
    I took pepto bismol a couple nights ago and felt super bad cause I was too concerned with my heart burn and didnt bother to look till after I took it. Its not a super no no but they say it contains aspirin and 2nd trimester on you shouldnt take it (which im in). I understand how you feel! I am assuming once isnt going to make a big issue of things it probably would become an issue if we continued to take these meds several times a week over the next few months
  • Options
    I took Excedrin when I was about 8 weeks because I had an awful migraine, it has asparin in it. And I know I had taken some before I had found out about being pregnant also. Dr said its fine just don't make a habit out of it . I now can take Excedrin tension headache for a bad migraine because it has no asparin. Advil is usually a great pain killer , off limits too unfortunately. Don't worry about it, just don't take it again. Your baby is fine ☺
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor has me taking baby aspirin daily to prevent clotting, so it must not be that bad for you especially if you only took it once.
  • Options
    Tips for someone who is allergic to acetaminophen? I am one giant sciatic nerve!
  • Options
    Check in with your doc.  It's probably fine just that one time but it doesn't hurt to mention it.
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Options
    Ugh just last night I realized that Ive been taking airborne without thinking about if I should (its natural right?) wrong... its a no. 
  • Options
    I think your ok. I'm currently taking baby asprin daily.
  • Options
    I take a excedrine migraine occasionally because my prescription migraine meds are a no go.... I just switched to excedrine tension, as I didn't know about it until recently. I think you are ok. The nurse at the school I worked at said anything occasionally isn't a big deal.
  • Options

Tips for someone who is allergic to acetaminophen? I am one giant sciatic nerve!

I'm allergic to all NDAIDs (Ibuprofen, Advil, aspirin, etc.), so I'm the opposite!
  • Options
    GeorgiaDottieGeorgiaDottie member
    edited March 2015
    I was prescribed Baby asprin for my first 12. You are fine I'm sure!

33 years old, Married Oct '11,

Summer '14: Diagosed with hypothryoidism, pollup, LPD, Low AMH, strong FSH.

BFP: 1/22/15. EDD: 9/23/14. Rainbow baby!

• Options
    Ugh I know the feeling. I took something for a cough and my dr told me today I can't take it. Now I'm so worried...
  • Options
    I took low dose aspirin bc I thought that's what we were supposed to take (blaming it on the pregnancy brain) about 4 times and switched to Tylenol. So far no problems but I still need to mention it to my doctor
  • Options
    I think I accidentally took my husband's ibuprofen instead of my acetaminophen once or twice, so I feel your pain :( I'm sure it'll be okay, but it's a bit unnerving to realize.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"