Babies: 0 - 3 Months

I nurse my baby to sleep every night.

Is this really a bad thing ? I can't help it if he falls asleep at the breast but should I be waking him up just to put him to sleep right after ? Makes no sense to me however I hear this can make it hard down the road to get him to sleep . Anybody have experience with this ? 
“If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace.” John Lennon

Re: I nurse my baby to sleep every night.

• I have nursed #1 to sleep for a very long time and am doing it with #2 as well.  My thoughts are, they will eventually figure it out.  she didn't nurse forever and neither will he.  and both know how to fall asleep on their own (even the new one) it just might take a bit longer.  my thoughts are as long as they sleep!!

• Loading the player...
  • Keep doing what you are doing. There is NOTHING wrong with it.
  • Everyone always says to enjoy them because they grow up too fast. I'm not going to worry about Erica nursing to sleep. I enjoy the sweet bonding time we have. We may not get to have a second, so I have to think that this is it.

• There's absolutely nothing wrong with nursing a newborn to sleep.

• I don't see anything wrong in nursing a baby to sleep
  • sugarpeas79sugarpeas79 member
    edited March 2015
    I am doing the same - it is so comforting for dd, and it is the fastest way to soothe her and get her back to sleep. I might try to change the habit around 3 months so I can have someone else put her to bed sometimes, but for now I put her to bed and wake up with her all night, so I don't have to worry about that yet.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I nursed my DD to sleep every night until she was 30 months and weaned herself.  I never saw it as an issue, but especially a non-issue at such a young age like your babe.  Nurse on, momma.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"