April 2015 Moms

sharp pain and braxton hicks

I am a first time mom. I'm 34 weeks and for the last few days I've been having quite a few sharp pains in my vagina. Sometimes they are so bad that I can't even walk. Not only that but I've been crampy and I've also had more braxton hicks contractions than usual, some pressure in my pelvic area and some lower back pain. Also, my bladder has leaked for a while now but its usually nothing that a panty liner can't handle, but today i leaked way outside of one. Sometimes if im sitting the pain gets so bad that i feel like i have to stand or lean to the side.. And I have been feeling her move REALLY low. Any opinions on what could be going on? Am I just freaking out?

Re: sharp pain and braxton hicks

• I've been experiencing similar since 35 weeks. Just tonight I've experienced the sharp pains, Braxton hicks as well as a stomach that's hard as a rock. If you are unsure call your OB, but a recommendation if you feel your belly is sitting so low it's causing pain try a belly bandz support belt, it has been my life saver the last 3 weeks!
  • eby21eby21 member
    Welcome to your third trimester! It's all normal they say.. I have been experiencing the same with pelvic pressure it got so bad last night I just cried! Lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • I cry all the time now anyway haha. I go to the doctor tomorrow. Hoping he says everything is okay! Where did you get your belly band?
  • Jessi1202 said:

I cry all the time now anyway haha. I go to the doctor tomorrow. Hoping he says everything is okay! Where did you get your belly band?

Motherhood maternity, before using it I couldn't walk for longer than a half hour, now I'm much better. I didn't want to waste the money on it with only 5 weeks to go but it was way worth every penny!
  • I have had the same issues. My doctor said its all normal and just pressure from the baby weighing down on joints and bones and it will likely get worse until baby is out. Hooray!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"