April 2014 Moms

First Birthday Presents

What are you or others getting your LO for their first birthday?

Re: First Birthday Presents

• I keep telling people savings bonds but I have a feeling it's going to end up being lots of toys that we have no room for.
  • I have no idea, but if anyone asks I'll probably tell them to get her bath toys, books, or clothes in 18 months size.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are getting LO a wagon. We live in the country and he loves to ride around the yard in the old one, plus he can play with it when he's older.
  • I got DD clothes so far.... DH & I are headed to shop this weekend. Thinking of possibly a "Lap pup". Leapfrogs learning toy for 1+ years old. Also thinking about a outside swing as we have been going to the park lately & she loves swinging!!
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

• Check the post below about boy/gender neutral birthday. We're giving LO the playmobil zoo.
  • A radio flier trike (the wooden ones with no wheels)
    A rhody pony
    A climbing thing with a slide and basketball hoop
    Books
    Clothes/shoes
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • I am making LO a wooden growth chart and refurbishing my old toy chest for her. My parents are getting her a baby locket with her initials (family tradition). Inlaws are getting her a 4 in 1 trike. I'm thinking how spoiled she is already as I type this...
  • I want to get him everything! Lol. But I think we're going with the foamnasium playground.
  • Jenni0621 said:

I keep telling people savings bonds but I have a feeling it's going to end up being lots of toys that we have no room for.

I hear you! We have a college savings account set up for DD. When I suggested donating to it, two people just laughed. I wasn't trying to be funny!
  • My parents and my sister give to the kids' college fund at birthdays and Christmas. It's great! We have formal RESPs - not sure if there's an equivalent in the US? I think my family feels better putting money in that than just a bank account.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"