October 2015 Moms

Quit my over stressful job (:

I work as a line cook at applebees, a very busy applebees. The management were assholes, and we were always busy. The shifts kept getting longer, we didn't get breaks. I would be there 8 to 9 hours plus and they would tell me I can't take a 15 min break to eat real quick knowing I'm pregnant and haven't eaten all day. My boyfriend who also works there was always telling me since I got pregnant I can quit any time and it'll be okay so I final did yesterday and it was just so much stress off my back. Anyone else have shitty jobs or quit since they got pregnant?

Re: Quit my over stressful job (:

• My job is rediculously stressful! I think it's part of the reason it took me two years to conceive. Now that I'm pregnant feel trapped there because I need to work and don't think I'll be able to get a job only to work there 6 months.
  • You don't have to tell the new place you're pregnant til it's obvious though!
  • Loading the player...
  • I quit my job before I found out I was pregnant...it was horrendous. I was pretty much bullied out. I'm on sick with the company..still classed as employed...and with the list of claims I've got against them..it think they'll be paying me a nice sum to leave quietly or hello tribunal! I've not told them im pregnant...none of their business. I'm in the UK and I think your employer has to know by 26 weeks (I think) this is something to do with making sure you get maternity pay. As for your no breaks it's illegal...even though you no longer work there I'd think about a constructive unfair dismissal claim..based on you were left with no choice but to leave due to the amount of stress...and it shouldn't have to take you telling them you're pregnant to give you a break. Something to think about. I wouldn't let them get away with it.
  • @GeorgiaaMayy omg i quit my job today for the same reason. Ive been bartending in downtown ft lauderdale & due to the late nights then having to open the next morning i found a new job where my fiance works in a hotel. I put my 2 weeks in this week & then yesterday during the 7th hour of my 9 hour shift i asked if i could snack on some fries to hold me over (& they know im pregnant) & the manager laughed in my face. So done with that place. Too hostile for me & baby. Go us! Screw them! Im surprised at a corporate place like applebees that would fly!
    Ps i ordered my fries anyways
    \:D/
  • Seriously considering it ... My mother in law says: you should avoid stress just like you avoid alcohol when you're pregnant. She had five kids, so I guess she would know!
  • Ugh, all you ladies who have quit are living the dream! I'm trying to hold out until August.
  • I envy you ladies! My job is very stressful and uneasy...but I need the FMLA, paid time off I have saved up and short term disability insurance I've been paying for maternity leave...so I'm here for sure until after leave...then perhaps I'll be able to make a change!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  image 

• Yeah I gotta find a new job, but I'm gonna look for a daycare or something I can bring my kid to once I have it. Sorry for you mom's who can't quit their shitty jobs /:
  • I really cant afford to quit but I did. Im a home health nurse and they recently added a 3rd client to my shift without giving me extra staffing. Im so scared and dont know what im gonna do yet but I deserve it. My job clearly couldn't give 2 shits about me and my well being so I did what I felt I had to. My parents are gonna flip though
  • I quit my job at an art museum within about a week of finding out I was pregnant. I had been wanting to do it for a while, as the pay was terrible and it was pretty stressful and just very shady business practices. I now work at my dad's company as an administrative assistant. I only work 4 hours a day and it's probably something I could still do after the baby is born! I definitely felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders when I quit the museum!! :)
    Me: 26 DH: 33
    Married: 6/14/14
    TTC immediately
    BFP: 11/19/14 MC:12/3/14
    BFP:  2/27/15 Blighted Ovum: 4/10/15, D&C 4/13/15- Trisomy16
    BFP: 12/29/15 EDD: 9/15/16!!  Please be our miracle baby!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"