1st Trimester

How did/do you control your mood swings?

I know there is no way around them we are pregnant and it is going to happen. Boyfriend is very supportive and understanding but I feel terrible for getting so mad at him over nothing. Was wondering if anyone has meditated or used some other methods during your pregnancy that helped with your mood swings or if there is just literally nothing that can be done. First pregnancy and just looking for answers if any.

Thanks ladies!

Re: How did/do you control your mood swings?

• Some of it can be a mind thing. Like the PP said just try not to go there. If in upset I always take a warm bath or drink a cool glass of water...normally I'd hit the bottle but that's not an option is it?!
  • Loading the player...
  • I try not to take myself too seriously. I realize that my mood swings are just that- mood swings. When I'm frustrated with my husband, I try to go be alone somewhere, or I act completely ridiculous (and laugh at myself) so he knows I'm not actually mad at him, I'm just all hormonal.
  • Say you're sorry and try to do something nice for him?
    Also see if there's something stressful in your life you could maybe unload for a while? Like asking SO to pitch in a little more so you and baby can rest?
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know there is no way around them we are pregnant and it is going to happen. Boyfriend is very supportive and understanding but I feel terrible for getting so mad at him over nothing. Was wondering if anyone has meditated or used some other methods during your pregnancy that helped with your mood swings or if there is just literally nothing that can be done. First pregnancy and just looking for answers if any.

Thanks ladies!

No.  Mood swings are not a given with each and every pregnancy.   I blame television and movies for pushing this as normal.  I have been hot or uncomfortable due to extreme swelling and that caused me to be a little more irritable at times.  Pregnancy by itself never caused me to lose it over nothing.  My sister uses it as an excuse whenever she acts an ass.  This has resulted in pretty much the entire family taking ten steps back from her because there is nothing joyful or fun about getting yelled at out of the clear blue sky about nothing.  Be mindful of your reactions.  
  • plumpous said:

Say you're sorry and try to do something nice for him?
    Also see if there's something stressful in your life you could maybe unload for a while? Like asking SO to pitch in a little more so you and baby can rest?

You're absolutely right! I am planning something for him. He is just so nice and understanding it makes me feel terrible even though I know he understands! Great idea.
  • Thank you for your responses! I took everyone's advice into consideration today and when I felt myself getting to that point I laughed through it and explained my hormonal maniac thoughts and we laughed together! Thank you all so much again.
  • Honestly I was a saint with my first pregnancy I would cry a lot but I have always been a crier. This time I am just moody in an angry, impatient sort of way. Maybe it is part of the moodiness but I am just letting it happen and I apologize once I come down from it. My husband and 6 year old have been super understanding and I feel bad after wards but they know I don't mean it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"