September 2015 Moms

Help! Almost 14 week potty shot...can you tell the sex?

I was told girl then at the end when baby was positioned better it
looked boy. So the tech didn't say either way. She was certain girl, but then all the potty shots at the end looked more boy. These pics I have are HORRIBLE. Definitely don't do what I
saw justice. But I'm really confused. What do you ladies think? I know
it's early, but I'm just in shock as my nub pics were VERY boy.

Re: Help! Almost 14 week potty shot...can you tell the sex?

• It looks like a boy to me :)
  • I see boy too but I've never actually seen an ultrasound from that angle before and really have no idea what to look for. Haha.

Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • nattnnattn member
    I'd say it's 50/50 at this point since you're so early. All babies start out looking like boys until their genitals are more formed. At 13-14 weeks the only way to even make an educated guess is the angle of the dangle which isn't shown on these photos at all.
  • I've never seen a boy one but that's def not what our girl looks like!
  • Thanks for your guesses. I know it's early...but I've also heard of many women finding out at 14 weeks. Anyone else have any guesses or experiences with 14 weeks ultrasounds and whether or not mine is likely boy/girl?
  • That looks boy to me :)
  • Thanks! You think so? Could it be swollen girl parts? Both her and I thought girl for sure at the beginning...and there were what looked like three lines...but then at the end she got baby looking quite boyish. I really thought it was a boy so I was just shocked that girl came up! Only because the nub was VERY boy at 12 weeks.
  • I've only seen boy shots like this and it looks very similar. :)
  • I've only had girls, and I don't see the 3 lines for girl. But it is still early.
  • I would say boy...I have one of each and 12 w our girl was darker like you could see 2 "holes" and with him 15w he for sure had boy parts sticking out between his legs

I'll go look for the pics...
  • Top is boy at 15w bottom is girl at 12w
  • Top girl 20w bottom boy 20w
  • Thanks for the pictures!! Appreciate it! Yeah I just don't know what to think. My baby looked definitely like a girl at the beginning of the ultrasound and the tech was confident it was going to be a girl...but then she said at the end that baby looked more boy in some of the last shots. So she didn't know what to think. Honestly, it did look boy at the end...but then why did it look like a girl at the beginning?? Were the parts hiding?? I didn't see the bulge in the beginning, but then did at the end. Not sure if it was swollen parts or not.
  • 1stThymeMom1stThymeMom member
    edited March 2015
    We've had some interesting ultrasounds when it comes to the sex of our baby. At 12 weeks 3 days, our tech during our NT scan said girl. The angles and shots she had truly did look like a girl. Then we had an ultrasound at 16 weeks 5 days. We were told boy. We were told boy, but couldn't see it. We will have one more ultrasound, at our anatomy scan at 20 weeks 2 days. We are pretty sure it is a boy since the tech was very confident at 16 weeks 5 days, so it will be nice to hear boy again at the anatomy scan. But if we hear girl......then we will just remain a big question mark until birth!! 
  • @1stThymeMom love this user name
  • Really? Interesting. You'll have to update me! :)
  • Bump :) Anyone else want to take a guess? Is there anyone with a similar situation or who has had a girl shot like this? Could it be swollen parts maybe? These pics were taken at 13 weeks 4 days...so it's early...but not sure if the protrusion will grow in or out at this point??
  • My sister has found out accurately with bother her pregnancies at 13 weeks.... Looks like a boy to me :)
  • Thanks. Yeah I'm not sure whether to think it's potentially a boy or it's swollen lady parts? It was taken at 13 weeks 4 days. I thought I'd for sure get a GOOD idea atleast, but I swear one minute it looked ALL GIRL and then the next it looked like a Boy! Atleast there was something penis like there that I've never seen on girls before. But the ultrasound quality really was horrible and the tech really didn't say much other than girl and boy...:(
  • I read somewhere that the parts look the same at 12 weeks. The only way you can tell is at a side angle the penis points 30 degrees up -- and the vagina points 30 degrees down. Do you have a side angle shot of it?
  • These potty shots were taken at 13 weeks 4 days not 12. I have my original 12 week ones though?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"