March 2015 Moms

TMI ---Bloody Show or not?

I am 39 + 3, had a membrane sweep performed yesterday afternoon & my doctor said she "got some bloody show." I heard that typically means labor is right around the corner. The rest of the day I honestly felt no different and had no signs of a bloody show, just some light regular clear discharge. Then starting this afternoon, I have had quite a bit of stringy brown discharge throughout the day. I'm pretty sure I lost my mucous plug a week ago, and this looks different. I don't want to get to excited though...I'm having a lot of BH but nothing painful. Could this be my bloody show or just excess blood from my sweep yesterday? 

Re: TMI ---Bloody Show or not?

• One more thing, for those of you that had your bloody show, do you remember how long afterwards you starting having contractions/went into labor? It's been 5 hours since this started and I haven't had any back pain or cramping since. 
  • Sounds like the bloody show
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my "bloody show" three weeks ago and am still pregnant - for some it means labour is around the corner but that's not always the case. I'm a FTM so have no experience otherwise but I would say that If you're not experiencing any true contractions - increasing in strength and frequency - there's no way of knowing exactly when the little one will come. At 39+3 though I hope you get to welcome baby soon! Keep us posted
  • I lost mine on Sunday morning. Had my daughter in my arms on Wednesday morning.
  • I had my bloody show last Friday and still very much pregnant and only 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced at 38 weeks 4 days
  • I had my bloody show last week and I'm still pregnant.
    Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a sweep last night and last night I had fairly regular contractions. They ended up dissipating, and today I just feel tightness and some period like cramping and have noticed a brown thick discharge. No regular contractions yet tho.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Just as an update I had more of the same brownish discharge throughout the day yesterday as well...also had a big "clear out" at about 2 a.m. ...really thought labor would start soon after. Here I am still no contractions or baby. :/ 
  • With both of my pregnancies I have had bloody show & lost my mucus plug in the middle of the night & had my babies the next day. But I guess everyone is different.
  • Today I had a little blood in my mucus. But then again the doctors had a metal speculum in my cervix with no lube and that could affect it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"