Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Help! 2 month old eating habits?

Everything i read says at 2 months, babies take in 3-6oz of formula every 2-4 hours or so. My LO will take an hour to take down 1 1/2oz and is crying for more one hour later. He only wants one oz and we practically have to force the other half oz down. It's a pain because we can't really do anthing during the day. The doctor doesn't really seem concerned because he is thriving but we could really use some tips on how to get him to eat more at each feeding, and to increase the amount of time between feedings. We have tried holding off on feeding him, trying to distract him, but nothing helps. He just gets hysterical.

Re: Help! 2 month old eating habits?

• You need to just go with what HE wants. I'm sorry but you do. He's incredibly young and has needs at certain times. My DD did that too. Feedings took forever and it sucked but there's nothing you can do. Don't withhold food and don't force her to eat because it's more convenient for you.

Don't follow what you read about babies too closely because it's causing you to put expectations on your baby that she can't possibly live up to and that will just be frustrating to you.  

• I agree that you kinda have to go with the flow. Our twins were kinda picky about bottles at this stage so maybe a different one will work better?
  • Loading the player...
  • You need to just go with what HE wants. I'm sorry but you do. He's incredibly young and has needs at certain times. My DD did that too. Feedings took forever and it sucked but there's nothing you can do. Don't withhold food and don't force her to eat because it's more convenient for you.

Don't follow what you read about babies too closely because it's causing you to put expectations on your baby that she can't possibly live up to and that will just be frustrating to you.  

This. This all the way. Babies (at any age) are not here to make your life convenient. Forcing baby to eat or withholding food to accommodate your whims is mean. C'mon now.

Make bottles 2oz at a time & live with meeting your baby's needs. He doesn't do anything to make your life hard on purpose. He will get the hang of it soon enough & things will even out.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"