April 2014 Moms

Naps

babym6705babym6705 member
edited March 2015 in April 2014 Moms
My little guy recently decided that he only wants to take one 20-30 minute nap a day. How many naps does your kid take and about how long are they?
happily married since 2009, SAHM
diagnosed with unexplained infertility, regular cycles
Baby #1: ttc naturally for 3 years, 6 yr old daughter
Baby #2: ttc naturally for 2 years, 2 yr old son
Baby #3: ttc naturally since August 2016

Naps 81 votes

No naps! :(
1% 1 vote
One short nap (under an hour)
2% 2 votes
One long nap (longer than an hour)
13% 11 votes
one short nap, one long nap
32% 26 votes
two short naps
13% 11 votes
two long naps
35% 29 votes
3+ naps...
1% 1 vote
just want to see results
0% 0 votes

Re: Naps

• I voted 1 long nap, but she just started only doing one nap over the last few weeks.. it seems to be sticking, unfortunately.  I miss being able to take one nap with her and then using the second nap to do stuff.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• In the last week she went from two long naps to a short nap in the morning and a longer nap in the afternoon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Two long naps. I qualify 45 minutes as long. Usually the morning nap is 1 hour, and afternoon is 1.5 hours. It took us so long to get to this point, hopefully it lasts a while longer!
  • I'm getting jipped, my LO is napping 20 minutes a day and isn't sleeping through the night...
  • edited March 2015
    2 long naps. He will easily sleep 2+ hours for atleast one nap. We've started only letting him sleep 1.5 hr each nap and he's starting to sleep longer at night (thank goodness)

Occasionally he'll only take one nap and seems to handle it okay. But I'm not ready to go to one nap a day yet!

Edit: auto correct hates me

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We've got a long nap in the morning (60-90 min) and a short one in the afternoon (20-60 min). I'm actually hoping they will consolidate soon into one long post-lunch nap so we can go so fun things with friends in the mornings/lunch time. Mama is ready to get out of the house!
  • On the weekends two long naps- 1 hour each nap (long in my opinion!) at daycare she takes two short naps (20-30 min)
  • Ds takes one long nap after lunch about 1.5 to 2 hours sometimes longer. If he wakes up earlier than 7:30 am I will try to get him to take a short morning nap so he can make it to after lunch.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/69/1a18c2e7532600b237c0ccef11ba85.jpeg

Proud Mommy of Derek Michael

April 8, 2014 9lb 6oz 21 inches

• 2 naps. Usually one is a little over an hour and the other is 45 minutes or less. Some days they are longer, sometimes they are both super short
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I said two long naps. Right now, I take that back. It's a crap shoot. Today it was one nap of 1:15 in the morning. I am now debating whether to officially give up on an afternoon nap...
  • I voted two long naps, but I jinxed it and we're on a napping strike the past 2 days :((
  • DD will only take 2 half hour naps a day...... She wakes up after a half hour every time....I can tell she's still tired I wish she would nap longer!
  • It turned out my LO had his first ear infection which is why he stopped napping and sleeping at night. :( He has been on antibiotics for a few days now and is sleeping much better, not through the night lol, but longer stretches at night and 1-2 hour naps again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"