October 2015 Moms
Options

Zofran

I'm a little bit of a PW today. If you're taking Zofran, when did you start and how often are you needing it? Is it helping?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Zofran

• Options
    I started when I was at the beginning of my 7 th week. It was a miracle for me i couldn't keep anything down. I only take it once or twice a day.
  • Options
    Please research Zofran before taking it. there are a lot of class action lawsuits on tv right now about Zofran and studies that have indicated it causes birth defects.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Last night I was in the ER, because I couldn't keep anything down. I think I have a stomach bug on top of the morning sickness, because I had a fever. Anyway, they gave me two doses of zofran in the IV, and then gave a prescription for the pills. However, after they had already given it to me twice, the doctor informed me that 'it's an old drug that has been prescribed to pregnant women for years, but recent studies have suggested that it doubles your risk of a cleft pallat.' She said the risk is still really low, but I think it's good to know that before taking it.
  • Options
    I started Zofran around the 6 week mark. I try not to take it unless I absolutely need it (which is 3-4 times a week.) I have done tons of research on it and for me, it was an easy decision. I was to the point were I was throwing up every hour that I was awake. I had 3 choices: 1) do nothing, get dehydrated and possibly lose the baby or by hospitalized. 2) take a different medication that makes you extremely sleepy and then lose my job. 3) take Zofran. I have read the statistics and claims about this medication and feel like it was the right choice for me. It is a lifesaver for working moms to be. 
    You may choose another route but I just wanted to present my experience.
    First Time Mommy
    EDD:  October 13, 2015

• Options
    I have taken it before with my son. And I was avoiding any kind of medication this time around, but I'm on my second day working from home. I have the script here from the doctor now, but I'm really undecided if I want to take it or not. I feel absolutely awful. I just don't know what else to do and I need to keep my job.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"