April 2015 Moms

Newborn car seat

hi! I've always had infant carriers (pregnant with my third baby) and although it was sometimes convienent those things get so heaaaavy. We were thinking to get a convertible car seat this time, curious to see what people did when going to the store or running errands. Did you just use strollers or baby carriers?

Re: Newborn car seat

• I loved buckets seats with my twins and will be doing bucket for this baby too!
  • @thing3ontheway it definitely is nice to have them, which is why I'm a little hesitant. No one wants to have to hold the baby while going out to dinner lol
  • Loading the player...
  • We will be using the bucket seat again for sure. My daughter would sleep a lot in the car and it was glorious not having to wake her up and just being able to snap the car seat into the stroller/carry it.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • We just barely switched my 11 month old to a convertible car seat instead of the bucket seat.  She's 25 pounds so to lug her and the seat around is a serious workout that my stretched out belly just can't handle right now.  Plus the new baby will need the bucket seat in a couple of weeks so we figured we might as well get her used to her "big girl seat" now so she doesn't feel ousted.  So far it's been pretty easy.  Even if she falls asleep in it I just make a quick trip inside with all of the bags etc. and then go back out and get her and she stays asleep when I lift her out and put her head on my shoulder.  I'm not sure how it would be with a newborn, though.  I don't think I'd be brave enough to try that!
  • @darcyalene and @kjuryfl it is definitely nice when they are tiny since they sleep so much! Maybe I'll just stick with what has worked with the older ones =) thanks for the input ladies!
  • We are going with a bucket seat again. It is just so convenient. They can fall asleep in it. You can throw a blanket over them in the winter and not worry about jackets. You just need to buy a base for another car, not a whole seat.
  • I just got a shopping cart hammock from my parents, i cant wait ti use it!!! I am using the carrier, although they get heavy its much better than aback ache!
  • And nothing says you can't have the bucket seat but just not bring it in and just carry the baby in
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"