September 2014 Moms

Maybe tmi? Baby pooping habits!

for the past month now my EBF has been holding in her poops! She's been having regular wet diapers but she'll hold in her poop for 2-3 days and on the 3rd day she'll let it all go? She farther regularly lol. I haven't changed my diet if anything I've been cutting out dairy as much as I can?

Re: Maybe tmi? Baby pooping habits!

• Our pediatrician told us that babies start to have BMs less frequently after about 2-3 months. I've noticed this in my EBF only in the past few weeks - she only has a poopy diaper about every 2 days now. Apparently their digestive systems are becoming more efficient. So it is normal from what I understand!

• Ahh thank you
  • Loading the player...
  • We started adding 1 oz of formula to his breastmilk bottles and it completely ruined his poop schedule! He went from 2 - 3 poopy diapers in one day to 1 poop every 4 days!!! He was straining so much! He just started solids so we gave him some Gerber prunes today and he pooped a few hours later!!!

• Our little one has only ever pooped every two to three days this is her norm... Even with her having prunes the past two days she hasn't gone ... I'm expecting a poop before she goes to bed tonight
  • Don't worry, EBF babies poop less often as they get older and as a result have "explosive" poops. Our pediatrician warned its the same amount of output over less attempts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"