May 2015 Moms

Abigail nicknames

hi everyone,

Just looking for some thoughts on nn for Abigail. I have a niece named Addyson that we all call Addy. Is it awful to have an Abby in the family? DH LOVES Abigail and won't let it go. Also is Bea too much is a stretch for a nn? Sounds short for Abby to me.
Any thoughts would help.

Re: Abigail nicknames

• Oh, I'm also not a big fan of Gail. That came up in a search.
    Thanks
  • DH also loves the name Abigail. We were considering Abbs as a nn.
  • Loading the player...
  • What about not using a nn around family? My DS is usually called Christopher in my family since my step brother in law is Chris as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I actually think having an Abby & Addy is super cute! You could tell Addy you named her Abby bc the names are similar and you hope your girl is as smart and pretty as her! I bet Addy would be thrilled. And yes, at first you could go by Abigail. I bet eventually the family would start to call her Abby just for short, not as a formal nn introduced by you.
  • I love the nn Bea (bee-a) Years ago I was a nanny for a girl and that was my endearment for her. Her parents loved it :)
  • ali0608 said:

What about not using a nn around family? My DS is usually called Christopher in my family since my step brother in law is Chris as well.

We chose the name Charlotte, my grandpa and brother are both Charles (Charlie). We like Charlie as a nickname as well, just planning on calling her Charlotte at family events.
    I like Abby as a nickname, Abigail is a pretty name. I say go for it!
  • Thanks everyone!!
    Funny-Charlotte is my lead choice. But we have a Charlie in the family too haha!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"