Infertility

Question about Endometrium thickness in Donor IVF (Fresh)/FET cycles

Hi All.

I hope you are well.

So after 5 years of trying everything from natural, to IVF's (4 of them) My husband and I have moved on with Donor IVF (Fresh donor eggs, and Frozen donor sperm). Both donors are very young. 

so....today I had my 3rd scan, after 11 days of estrogen (oral tablets).

my lining was 7mm, and is beautifully triple lined (see attached photo)

Tomorrow my egg donor has her egg retrieval (as of friday she had 16 follicles all measuring around 17mm or so) and I am to start progesterone tomorrow afternoon. The transfer should happen on saturday - at the blastocyst stage.

Should I expect my lining to get a little thicker before the transfer on saturday???

a little extra info about today:

My scan happened today around 12pm.

I took my first dosage of estrogen (4mg) at 8am. 

the 2nd dosage I took at 4 30pm (4mg)

and the 3rd dosage I took at 8:00pm (4mg)

so with that in mind should I expect a little bit thicker lining at transfer time ? 

If it doesn't get thicker should I expect to have success with a 7mm uterine lining

thanks for your input.

After 13 chemicals/early miscarriages,

8 rounds of clomid, 
4 rounds of timed intercourse with injections, 
and 1 round of iui, 
we have moved on to IVF 
IVF 1 - Chemical Pregnancy 
IVF 2 - Cancelled - No EGGS!!! - diagnosed with possible empty follicle syndrome 
IVF 3 - Failed.

Private Adoption in Newfoundland - Failed after flying home from Africa - going to dr appointments/ultrasounds etc. BM decided to keep the baby - absolutely devastated. Baby boy was born with severe development issues with his limbs and has FAS :( 
International Adoption in Uganda - Failed. 

IVF 4 - Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol : 08/16/2014: Stims Started  08/28/2014: Trigger Shot 08/30/2104: ER - 14 eggs collected. !2 ICSI'd and 8 have made it into proper 2 celled embryos. 10/04/2014 Prospective transfer date :) (5DT) - 3 day report, 2x8 cells, 3x6 cells, 3x4 cells 09/4/2014: 5 day Transfer of 2 Early Blasts, and a Morula - Results: BFP ended in chemical. 

IVF 5 - Donor eggs and Donor Sperm. female donor is 25, male donor is 22. Transfer set for March 7, 2015. 

Re: Question about Endometrium thickness in Donor IVF (Fresh)/FET cycles

• **SAIF warning**

I had 2 IVF (1 of them a freeze all cycle) and 2 FET. I don't normally have lining problem but with my last FET it took a while for my lining to thicken. My transfer was scheduled for 12/10 and had to be rescheduled because my lining is not thick enough. When my lining got to 7mm my RE told me to start the progesterone as well and I'm not positive but I believe we transferred 2 days later. 

I asked him if the lining would get thicker before transfer and he said probably a little bit but he had no problem transferring with 7mm thickness. He didn't measure on the day of the transfer. We transferred one hatching blast on 12/15 which resulted in a BFP.
    TTC Since 01/09
    Unexplained IF
    Clomid cycle 1-3 - BFN IUI 1-3 - BFN 
    IVF 1 - BFP 4/4/11 - It's a boy!
    FET 1 - BFP M/C 6/14
    IVF 2 - 33R/19F 12 PGS resulted in 5 normal embies
    FET 1 scheduled 12/10/14
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • thank you for your response :D

We had our transfer today :)

We transfered 1 expanded blast and 1 hatching blast :)

my lining ended up being at 8.5 :D 

Jess 

After 13 chemicals/early miscarriages,

8 rounds of clomid, 
    4 rounds of timed intercourse with injections, 
    and 1 round of iui, 
    we have moved on to IVF 
    IVF 1 - Chemical Pregnancy 
    IVF 2 - Cancelled - No EGGS!!! - diagnosed with possible empty follicle syndrome 
    IVF 3 - Failed.

Private Adoption in Newfoundland - Failed after flying home from Africa - going to dr appointments/ultrasounds etc. BM decided to keep the baby - absolutely devastated. Baby boy was born with severe development issues with his limbs and has FAS :( 
    International Adoption in Uganda - Failed. 

IVF 4 - Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol : 08/16/2014: Stims Started  08/28/2014: Trigger Shot 08/30/2104: ER - 14 eggs collected. !2 ICSI'd and 8 have made it into proper 2 celled embryos. 10/04/2014 Prospective transfer date :) (5DT) - 3 day report, 2x8 cells, 3x6 cells, 3x4 cells 09/4/2014: 5 day Transfer of 2 Early Blasts, and a Morula - Results: BFP ended in chemical. 

IVF 5 - Donor eggs and Donor Sperm. female donor is 25, male donor is 22. Transfer set for March 7, 2015. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"