October 2015 Moms
Options

Bleeding

I just wanted to share my experience here and see if anyone has experienced this. I found out through blood work that I was pregnant. I was scheduled for an ultrasound, the following Monday. Saturday, I felt a gush, and looked and it was bright red blood. I had back pains and menstrual type cramps. Later that night, I again felt another gush of bright red blood...I filled up my pad. Then I continue to bleed for that night, not filling up a pad, but had to be changed. I then passed a large clot or something.

So I knew something was wrong. Come Monday, we had snow and the doc was closed and then again on Tuesday. When they opened backed up, I went in for an ultrasound...and there was still a baby with a healthy heartbeat! I couldn't believe it. The doc said everything looked great and I was measuring right at 6 weeks. What caused all the bleeding? My doctor didn't really give me an answer. I feel very fortunate but confused. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this? I go back in a week for another ultrasound.

Re: Bleeding

• Options
    This gives me some hope. I bled red Thursday which tapered off to brown spotting until yesterday. My labs came back in the normal range and I will have it repeated to see if they are doubling. Glad you have a sticky baby despite the bleeding. Hoping it's the same for me. I'm only 5 weeks so I have no idea what's going on in there
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    Could you possibly have had twins and lost one??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    am&nam&n member
    I thought if so, the doctor would have said?
  • Options
    I had that when I was pregnant with my twins around 12 weeks. They never did find where the bleeding was coming from.
    Mom to 10 year old DS and 7 year old DD. Twin girls coming soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had this very early in my last pregnancy with no explanation. Super heavy bleeding and very painful cramping (much heavier and worse than my periods). Good luck to you!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

EDD 10.26.15

Garrett Samuel 1.30.14
    Vanessa Ruby 2.21.13
    Joseph Michael (born into Heaven) 6.17.10
    Rae Patricia 4.14.07

• Options
    Thank you for sharing...this gives me some hope because I am currently very nervous and trying not to allow myself to get upset.  I have had cramping throughout my pregnancy thus far (I am almost 6 weeks) other regular symptoms.  This morning I woke up to brown spotting that has gradually turned more red in color.  I also have had some very small pieces of tissue the last time I peed.  I have blood work scheduled for tomorrow morning.  The nurse I spoke with when I called the doctors office was very kind, and said she wasn't very concerned yet, but to monitor it and if it gets worse (heavier bleeding where I soak through a pad/severe menstrual cramping) to go to the ER.  Prayers to anyone else who is going through this, and I just ask that some prayers are said for me.  This is my first baby, and I am pretty scared.  I really hope it is nothing serious.
  • Options
    @raeEnovak take comfort in the fact that you aren't alone. If you need anyone to talk to, feel free to pm me. I know the waiting period for the blood work makes your anxiety skyrocket (I get the results of my second betas tomorrow). Hang in there as best you can!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    @KMKaiser07 thank you.  I really appreciate it, and same to you.  I am really thankful for this community.  I feel as though it as helped me keep my anxiety.  It's like a family of completely strangers who I feel like I can come to about any and everything.  Very comforting!
  • Options
    Ugh! Roller coaster of emotions! I started having brown spots at 5 weeks. I called the doctors office and that day had blood work and followed up two days later for more blood work to check my hcg levels. Turns out my numbers were good but the waiting was the worst. My doctor said "be cautiously optimistic" and I was. At 6 weeks and 3 days I had my first sono and there was a sweet little flicker of a heartbeat. I know how much the waiting game stinks! Hang in there!!!
  • Options
    I am SO relieved for you! <3 So scary! I had a miscarriage back in September, but never had any cramping or gushing, just gradually heavier spotting. (It was a blighted ovum) Then I had some pink cervical mucus on Saturday and even today at the OB when I was giving my urine sample I saw some pink when I wiped, but she told me my cervix was extra vascular this time around, and my uterus is now tilted, so it's causing my cervix to be at a bit of angle that bumps against my body. Nothing to worry about! Sometimes the cervix just gets irritated and can bleed quite a bit, but it has nothing to do with baby. They can see on an ultrasound if there's blood around/near your baby that could be worrisome. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Same thing happened to me last week gush of red blood went to the ER baby was ok! Dr said a subchroinic bleed in my uterus. Been paranoid but no bleeding since then just hoping for a healthy baby
  • Options
    This is my first time being pregnant I'm 7 weeks and some days my OB said I just recently had a light strain of blood come out of the vaginal area yesterday, today around 4:00 I had dark brownish spotting next thing you know i went I had a heavy flow of blood and a pretty thick blood clot came out and the only thing that's keeping me calm is that I am not having bad cramp.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"