October 2015 Moms
Options

Pregnancy Book for Dad

Does anyone have any recommendations for a book to buy my husband to learn about what to expect? We have "What to Expect When Expecting" but I'm currently in the process of reading it. My husband really needs to be clued in on what is going on. Last weekend he wanted me to take a Sake shot at the Habachi restaurant and told me I should go for a ride on the mechanical bull at the sport show. I feel like he is totally clueless about the whole thing. Or am I overreacting?

Re: Pregnancy Book for Dad

• Options
    Lol no you're not overreacting. I got him "the new dads survival guide" and myself the mayo clinic guide to healthy pregnancy. Between the 2 it gives a good clinical overview as well as a "dude's" perspective.

I read the dad one cover to cover to make sure I agreed with it. One note: it straight up says "after your wife gives birth go home and get some rest" I told my husband oh hellll no! Lol so maybe consider scratching that line out haha but the rest is great
  • Options
    I got myself what to expect when expecting and I got him dude, you're going to be a dad
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    "Be Prepared". Like a field guide. Funny but actually helpful.
    TTC April 2012 
    BFP: Valentine's Day 2015!!!
    DUE:  late October 2015

• Options
    What to expect when your wife is expanding is hilarious- my husband LOVES it! It gives monthly updates and tips in a sort of parody
  • Options
    I got my husband caveman guide to pregnancy, he like it and is kinda funny
  • Options
    My husband is loving "Pregnancy Sucks for Men." The humor is kind of juvenile, but I don't think he minds too much :)
  • Options
    "Dude you're gonna be a dad!" is awesome- my husband loved it! It's all advice and tips with a lot of humor. I think the opening line is something like, "there are 1,000 ways you can and will screw up in the next 9 months. Here's how to get you and your partner through it."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"