September 2015 Moms
Options

Entire Family dead set on a Girl

Every family member we visit or talk to these days are 'predicting' that this second baby will be a little girl. Or, trying to lead me into saying we want a girl, and it's starting to get extremely frustrating and to the point of disappointing.
We have a two year old son and I really don't have a gender preference, we have all boy stuff and it's been fun to raise a little boy. Not that I wouldn't mind having a girl, as we won't be having anymore children.

What I'm truly worried about is my whole family getting over gender disappointment...and that this babes entrance into the world won't be as celebrated because it's a boy.

Re: Entire Family dead set on a Girl

• Options
    I hear ya there. We are having a girl, but my dad considers boys to be more valuable. DH and I couldn't be happier, but we are keeping the sex a secret because I just don't want to hear it. Or the inevitable lecture that we have to keep having babies until we get a boy because it's very important for a man to have a son. Doesn't matter that it would be better for me to just have one because pregnancy is risky due to a uterine abnormality.
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat. I have a 2 year old son and everyone asks if I want a girl. A coworker even bought me Minnie Mouse bibs because she just knows it's a girl. I just tell them I would love a girl but at the same time it would be great for my son the have a brother. In the end Everyone will just be excited to have a new baby in the family. I don't think anyone will be disappointed.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat as well. Everyone keeps saying how they hope it's a girl and I actually feel like we will disappoint them if it's a boy. Really frustrating. I already have a boy so one of each would be great but obviously I would be happy either way.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Im in the same boat! I have a 3 year old son our family is full of grandsons on both sides with the exception of 1 girl on each side but a total of 6 boys so everyone on both sides wants a girl.. honestly the moment i found out i was pregnant i thought it would be awesome for my son to have a brother. Then everyone started saying it's a girl and dont get me wrong i would love to have a girl but if we dont i feel everyone will be disappointed and not as excited. So it makes me a bit sad because i never had a gender preference in the beginning and now i do hope it's a girl although i know i wanted a boy at first so i wilkbe excited either way. and the hubby is wanting another boy
  • Options
    Same here, we have 2 boys and everyone keeps wishing a girl on us, which would be wonderful but it would also be wonderful to have another boy as well. My friends are actually worse than family and I actually had to tell one of my friends last night to stop because she was irritating the hell out of me when she kept saying my niece, my niece!
  • Options
    My sister is in the same boat. She's due on March 12 and they didn't learn the gender with this baby. On our side of the family, we don't give a crap. We just want a healthy baby. On her in-laws side, they're dead set on a girl. Already saying she and her. And saying it better be a little girl. They just want a little girl. My sister legitimately thinks it's a boy and she's worried now that her in-laws aren't gonna love this baby as much if it's a little boy. Her MIL even had a fight with her on Facebook about it.

• Options
    When my Mom calls me she keeps asking how my two little girls are. As if this pregnancy isn't enough stress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"