June 2015 Moms

Manicureeee... And then some

mvargas12mvargas12 member
edited February 2015 in June 2015 Moms
I just had dinner with a few friends and one of them like totally went off on me for getting a gel manicure. When I found out I was pregnant, I googled it and pretty much understood that it was fine. She said something about the acetone, not even the UV light (which I thought would be the problem). Anyway, I should've asked the doc and I will next time I see them but thought I'd get your opinions and what you've been told as well.

Also. Anyone feel like they're judged on everything they do? I am not trying to hurt my baby CAN I LIVE?!?? Okay.. This might've been a bit of a rant

Re: Manicureeee... And then some

• I get a gel mani every two weeks. I did with my first two babies as well. All is well.
  • Loading the player...
  • People can go fly a kite !!!
  • The big thing with getting mani pedis is that it just has to be in a well ventilated area...like I wouldn't recommend the small spots at the mall but going to a place that does it should be fine! Now I want to go for one!
  • mrs1374amrs1374a member
    edited February 2015
    You are fine, the baby is fine. I get the gel every 2 weeks and I did when pregnant with DD. As long as you are going to a reputable salon, they should be ventilated enough.
  • Just wash your hands after and you wash off any acetone- only a tiny bit is going to even get absorbed into your skin. People should be more concerned with breathing in those scentsy warmers all day than a little bit of acetone ;) but I will save that argument for another day
  • People pretty much know not to say that shit to me...they may ask (especially my collegues as many of them don't have kids), but since this is my second, they assume I know what I am doing. People lose all their social graces and think if they read it on the internet it has to be true...oy!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• When I first found at I was pregnant my obstetrician did say something about nail polish and stuff like that. She basically just said that we don't realize that what we are using on our skin, hair and nails absorbs into our body and stuff such as that. She is very into natural and organic things, but I just try to make smart choices. I have gotten two pedicures since I've been pregnant and that's mostly just because I wanted my feet to soak in warm water because it feels so relaxing haha. I personally don't think a manicure here and there is going to hurt the baby, but that's just my opinion. And as far as caffeine goes, I don't have much but every few days I have some caffeine here and there. But we are all grown and know how to make good choices :) you just continue doing what's best for you and baby :)
  • Meanwhile I spent 16 bucks on pregnancy safe nail polish and feel like a sucker... Man I was paranoid in those early days!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"