September 2015 Moms
Options

Heated matress pad?

I've seen boards on heating pads but I have a heated matress pad. I feel guilty at times though I never turn it up past 3 maybe 4.When I'm awake I make sure to lay on my side with my body pillow under my belly but I know I roll around when I'm sleeping. Should I cut it out just to be safe? Or do you think I'm fine?

Re: Heated matress pad?

• Options
    I think it sounds fine. It's not scolding your body or drastically changing your body temperature. I do tend to lean on the "no worries" side of things though, so I suppose I could be wrong.
  • Options
    I had a heated blanket but quit using it b/c I kept reading mixed feelings about it. If you want to releave your worries I would ask your doctor at your next appt
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    To all ladies who use heated things: make sure you never go to sleep with the heating pad, blanket, or whatever, still on. A very good friend of mine nearly died because the cords of her heating blanket were faulty, and caught on fire under her bed. The fire started right under her and she suffered many burns; the door was also sunctioned closed and she spent a lot of time in the smoke-filled room before her mom was able to break down the door. Because of this, I always preheat my bed, and unplug my heating pad before I even get in.
  • Options
    Well I feel kind of bad posting this after reading the above, but... My house is super cold (we're moving pre-baby, but right now we're in an ooold house with LP heat that we have to keep way down to last the winter) and for Christmas we got a wonderful heated fleece blanket that we do use on our bed overnight. I woke up the other morning in a mini-panic that it wasn't good for the babes, so I called my hospital's nurseline. The nurse I spoke to said that she didn't see a reason that it wouldn't be a problem - as it isn't really direct heat really she compared it to no worse than just being outside on a warm day. Granted, she isn't an OB, and I'll likely still speak to my midwife at my next appointment, but she did say that there isn't any real concern at all. This may be different than your mattress pad, but hope it helps! (:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"