1st Trimester
Options

Normal Heart Rate at 6-7 weeks?

Hi ladies, I have a quick question for you. I went in for my first ultrasound at 6.4 days and they said everything looked good. I asked what the heartrate of baby was and they said 115 bpm. Does that seem low to you? I am nervous!

Re: Normal Heart Rate at 6-7 weeks?

• Options
    Why didn't you ask your doctor while you were there?
  • Options
    I did but the nurse and the doctor at my fertility clinic had different answers. I have also experienced a recent loss in November; at the 6 week ultrasound baby's heart rate was only 83 bpm. I am nervous.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well I went to my appt last week and I'm 11 weeks and they couldn't find a heartbeat. I'm nervous as well.
  • Options

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

When baby's heart first starts beating, it's going to be a little lower. Normal, from what I've read, is usually between 120-160. I would call up your dr. for some reassurance if you're this worried. Although, if they didn't seem to worried I would try not to be as well...When did they schedule your next appointment for?

• Options
    Mine was 111 at 6 weeks 4 days and my doctor was perfectly satisfied with that number. He said anything between 90 and 120 at that time is typical. I went at 8 weeks 4 days yesterday and it was 140. This time he said between 120 and 160 is totally fine. Don't research this online because there are some bizarrely high accounts for what it should be. I go to one of the best hospitals in the world to a gynecologist with 30 years of experience. I trust him over any website. That heart rate is great. Be happy!
  • Options
    At my 6 week ultrasound. .mine was 122... 10 weeks now and all is going well :)
  • Options
    It's starts off lower, as the heart only starts beating around 6 weeks. It starts to creep up higher the further along you are. I would trust your fertility doctor and his/her answers.
  • Options
    At 8 weeks my baby's was 179....which now sounds very high!!  Lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"