May 2015 Moms

Itchy skin!!!! Especially hands and feet

Anyone else experiencing itchy hands or feet? I just hit 27 weeks and I pretty much itch all over but the hands and feet are the worst! I don't have any rashes but the itch keeps me up at night. Driving me insane

Re: Itchy skin!!!! Especially hands and feet

• Me too I thought I was allergic to something my shines also are so itchy!!!!
  • Mention this to your doc ASAP. Could have something to do with your liver, especially if it's mainly hands and feet that are itchy with no visible rash.
  • Loading the player...
  • Isn't an itchy hand meant to mean that fortune is coming your way?

Seriously though, id mention it to the doc :)
  • Me too.. My feet.. :(
  • Definitely talk to your doctor. There's a condition called ICP (can't remember the long version at the moment) and it requires you to deliver a little early for baby's safety as well as be on medication, so if you have it, it needs to be addressed ASAP. It may just be dry skin, but that's one of those things you don't want to mess around with.
  • Be seen asap, I had this and it will get worse! There is medication you can take. You need to be closely monitored if it is ICP.
  • I had this with my first pregnancy and it was really bad. The doctor said it was just hormone related. It eventually spread all over legs and stomach. Not fun! Luckily it wasn't anything serious, but it did continue even after I gave birth. I eventually had to go on prednisone to get rid of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"