April 2015 Moms

Should I be concerned?

I'm now 31 week's in and I've just gotten back from seeing my midwife. Overall I have a very active baby inside of me which is very good. But she's just informed me I'm now measuring 3cm behind the average fundal height. I have an ultrasound next Wensday regarding the position of my placenta so she has requested that they check his growth in depth aswell. But she's more concerned that my abdominal muscles have basically fully split which should not happen if I'm measuring small so I've been advised to stop working and to get a belly band and relax or I won't be able to do anything for him once his born.... Bit stressed at the moment. Is anyone else going through this or has?

Re: Should I be concerned?

• Have no experience with this, but sending lots of support your way. Hope you get some answers on Wednesday.
  • I'm sure if there was much concern with the measurements she would have told you :)
    I know that when i had my last US i was told he was measuring 6 days above the average but was still in the normal 'range' (i forget how much they allow)

In regards to the abdominal muscles i'm afraid i haven't had anything like that, but i hope that you manage to relax a bit if that's what will help.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry you're going through this!  If you google Diastasis Recti, you will get lots of information about your abdominal muscles coming apart.  For now, find comfort in your active baby and wait it out until your ultrasound.  Fingers crossed for good news!
  • I measured a few cms small too but I had my us and baby girl is big I was told my uterus is more against my spine so it may be smaller meaning more back pain for me but I'll take it if baby girl is fine
  • I think if the baby is healthy that's far more important , if bub is a little small think about genetics , some babies are quite long some are quite short , we are all different ... Not that I'm an expert , but I've seen large babies grow to be the size of a 5 year old at only 2 , because the parents were tall and seen normal baby growth amongst those who are of average height .. If that make a sense
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"