August 2015 Moms

Travel in late pregnancy

My husbands family is having a family reunion 12 hours away sometime in June (probably late June from what I'm hearing)...I'm obviously not driving as that would take forever with all the pit stops we'd have to make...the only other option is to fly there...My dr said I'm fine to fly, but how uncomfortable will it be? Has anyone flown late in their pregnancy? I'd probably be about 32-34 weeks pregnant at that time. I just feel like I'd need to buy 2 seats in order to be comfortable in my seat! I know it'll only be about 1 1/2 hour flight, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has flown around that time in pregnancy. I'm a FTM so I really have no idea how I'm going to feel towards the end.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Travel in late pregnancy

• Unfortunately since every pregnancy is different, no one can tell you how you will be feeling. My advice is to book an aisle seat and make sure you get up and walk up and down the aisle every now and then to prevent clots and stretch your legs.
  • I am planning to go on vacation late June (I'll be about 34 weeks) and its a 6 hour car drive. I'm a little worried... Has anyone driven this far this pregnant? We will obviously make various stops.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, I flew at 32 weeks pregnant. Honestly an hour and a half flight is nothing. Book the aisle, drink lots of water, get up to pee a lot. Have a prenatal Appt just before and remind your dr you plan on flying. There ARE reasons to not fly that late in pregnancy like a shortened cervix or other signs of premature labor but your dr. will tell you if you have any of those things to worry about.
  • I drove 14 hours when i was 32 weeks with my son and stayed for a week, it was long sucked and i was miserable but once there it was fun, this time Im moving across county in a 7 day car ride of about 5-6 hours a day so its more bareable
  • I have not flown while pregnant, but I have heard that different airlines have different policies regarding pregnant women.  So I would check out the airline's policy before booking your ticket.

• An hour and a half will go by super fast, I wouldn't stress. As long as your dr clears you to go right before the trip it should be fine.
    Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would go as long as everything is going smoothly in your pregnancy. I flew with #1 at 32wks and #2 at 33weeks alone with a lap baby.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • We cancelled our trip for this summer. It was scheduled for July and I'll be 36/37 weeks. I didn't even ask my doctor because I was too afraid of going into labor 12 hours from home.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"